Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Radtech radiators

sigmasmith

Whilst looking at older posts, I have seen that there have been varied degrees of success with these rads. Just wondered if there were a good number from the bulk buy still going strong, or how well anyone has been getting on with any that have been bought more recently.

Cheers all *wink*

I have a '98 1600k which I have owned for 2.5 yrs, it came with a Radtec radiator. The invoice says it was fitted in '05,and it still looks like new and I have had no problems.

I fitted a set of silicone hoses last year and they all fitted well too.

HTH

Doug

I crashed my Caterham on track and the standard rad didn't leak despite being severely mangled. I biffed the Rate and it burst. I then bought a CC triple-pass and that started to leak almost immediately.

If I could get a triple-pass that looked as good as the Radtec but was as strong as the std rad, I'd be very happy *smile*

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Ecosse™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

• Area Representative

I had a problem with mine and replaced it with another. Problems seem to be with core where tubes are crimped to sides.

Understand that Radtec are just moving to a new supplier of cores which are slightly thinner but a little wider and hopefully an improvement.

Paul Richards

Area Representative - L.A.D.S. (Lancashire and District Sevens)

LADS Website

Growing old is compulsory - Growing up is optional

Fitted mine after flattening a CC triple pass in a tyre wall.

All good so far and has withstood a few "close encounters" on the track.

No hesitation in recomending them.

My Winter '08 Upgrade was to a screaming DVA K05.

www.geoffwilcoxphotography.co.uk

• 4 weeks later...

Just fitted one of the Radtec rads this weekend after my CC one started leaking.

Certainly looks very well made and it made one hell of a difference to the cooling too. Before when stationary, the fan would never be able to cool the engine enough to switch itself back off, now it is on for 30sec then off for 2min.

They get a *thumbup* from me.

Ivan

Thanks all *wink*

I have a standard radtec on its way to me with an extra fitting on the top to replicate the vent on the standard CC rad for a sigma 150. I've decided to give it a try as my CC one has let go once again (one of the new batch).

Just out of interest, does anyone know if the extra fitting is really needed, or is it just there to help bleed air out to the expansion tank? Could it be blanked off instead?

Hoping to make it to the Sossigies day, as something has always gone wrong to stop me getting there in the seven. It might have to be a Sunday morning rad changeover 😬

See you all there *wavey*

I didn't think about that at the time I ordered so have had to just run the small cylider head pipe straight into the expantion bottle (same as the R400 build manual) and it seems to be fine.

As you say, I think it a air bleed for the rad. As the new rad has a bleed and drain plug I didn't worry.

Ivan