Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Indicator bleeper

Julian West

Sticky back neoprene, comes in different sheet sizes and different thickness, can be cut to size and layered if needed to mute the bleeper to your desired volume as it's a very dense rubber foam it should work well and it has lots of other uses ie to stop rattling else where. I think it comes in 1mm upto10mm, the thicker one could be used to customise tillets for comfort and fit. Look for it on eBay and Amazon. 

I had a friend who built a k series R300. It was the first 7 I'd been in that had beeping indicators & I remember thinking at the time 'Oh my god, that would drive me crackers!'. Now I have a 7 with the same annoying beeping! I think I might give the gaffer tape option a try! 

Having worked at sea for over 30 years, I've seen a few different methods of silencing the alarms one doesn't want to hear. It seems most navigating officers swear by a large dollop of blue tack in the beeper.

Hi, having had two Caterhams over the last 11 years, I can't remember hearing a bleeper in either.

Took the opportunity yesterday to have a look for the buzzer on my 2009 Roadsport 150 Sigma SV. As mentioned above, it was jammed inside the loom above the steering column. In my case, one of the cables was snapped off the buzzer so that's why it wasn't working. Have lashed out on another couple from RS to test it whether it is indeed as annoying as everyone says or indeed helpful. My indicators normally self cancel when I turn the engine off:)

12 mm diameter x 8.5 mm deep, so hard to find in the dark in the middle of the harness whilst upside down in the footwell.

The part number is from RS Components RS617-3081 £1.08 each.

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/magnetic-buzzer-components/6173081/

82B5A6C1-76A3-4832-B834-0B09D0654702_1_201_a.jpeg.39eaa6365f1764fb6318c227747f826f.jpeg

I have been known to forget to switch my indicators off! 

Have therefore just fitted a buzzer which only comes on after several cycles of flashes. It is adjustable so have set it to start beeping after about 15 flashes - works in the garage! Not tested it on the road yet.

Several years back there was a "bulk buy" of a self canceling indicator control circuit, apparently these where an after market motorcycle item, I bought one and have found it to be really good, no need to drive miles with the indicators flashing. It wasn't a big wiring job; need a momentary double throw switch, flick it and forget it, who needs annoying beeeeeeeepers, what with all the other racket in a seven. And from a post further up the heap, the indicators work regardless of the beeper, just cut the wire, or get a higher attenuation ear plug.

Have fun.

Regards, Nigel..