Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Bleed tees available again

andygoodliffe

Hi all - with the sun coming out and engines heating up again many people have been emailing me about bleed tee availability. Sorry for the recent lack of supply after my last supplier became unreliable. I have now tracked down a new importer so have them for sale on ebay once more. Just search for 'bleed tee' or see here

Many thanks, *smile*

Edited by - andygoodliffe on 25 Mar 2011 12:01:10

Edited by - andygoodliffe on 25 Mar 2011 12:01:20

Quoting gin-fizz-whizz: 
Numpty question I'm afraid. How do you use it? Is there a different procedure when changing coolant and bleeding the system? (Recent experience of what a complete PITA this can be 😳 ona 1.6K-series)

Just fit it into the By Pass hose where it enters the top of the heater Then after youve filled up the expansion tank open the bleed to vent the air which migrates here as it's the highest point in the system.

• 5 weeks later...

My car (1.6K, S3, 2007, 5600mls) is running beautifully. But periodically engine temperature drops significantly. Idling brings it back again, but then brisk driving sees it drop once more. This doesn’t happen all the time – only intermittently - and so far I have ignored it. But it strikes me that if this was my home central heating, I’d bleed it.

Not sure if this thread is still live, but if it is may I ask precisely how the bleed T is fitted into the by-pass hose? Procedural steps would be a great help. The eBay link at the top of the thread states a 5-minute job; really?

TIA

Steve

Cut the hose just before it enters the heater( at the top of the heater)...then fit the Tee with some jubilee's either side.Open up T and fill it with some water...screw the lid on tight and start the engine..

Re check level/leaks after 5 mins

Bob's you uncle...

Steve

it is a 5 minute job and after my bleeding experiences almost essential , as it has taken me almost a month to get the air out of the heater. i think i am going to order a spare though as i am not sure how robust the cap is going to be after a few thousand miles

Sorry, another numpty question! I take it I would need to drain the system first before fitting the T piece? Or, as I don't have a problem at the moment would it be best to buy one and fit it when it becomes necessary?

Pete - this question occurred to me earlier but, as I am assured here it is a 5 min job, I assume no draining is necessary. Correct, chaps? - and thanks for the replies in the meantime.

- or perhaps the 5 minutes is AFTER the drain...

Steve

Edited by - St Eve on 25 Apr 2011 19:14:30

There was no need to drain when I did mine. I topped up the heater hose with a funnel before reconnecting and left the new cap off whille running the engine until all the air was gone *thumbup*

Dignity

Edited by - Dignity on 25 Apr 2011 19:20:38

• 1 year later...

Sorry to resurect an old thread, but are these still reasonably available (I cant get on eBay at work to look unfortunately). When changing my hoses last night I noticed that one of the ports on my existing bleed tee has been crushed by poor positioning the a jubilee clip such that flow must be impeded through the tee *redface*.

Alternatively, does anyone have a spare?

I have just been reading up on K Series filling issues and as I am about to fit new silicone hoses I have ordered a bleed T as suggested by many.

The question is with the T fitted can you just fill and bleed via the T without lifting the front of the car etc etc ?

I can see lots of blatchat words on filling issues.

Mark

I would guess:

* For many cars the bleed tees will make filling and bleeding easier

* For some cars it won't remove the need to massage the big hoses at the bottom to get the air out

I've never understood the reported diversity of behaviour across cars.

Jonathan

Oly

I suggest you move the expansion tank connection to the other side of the thermostat while you're at it (as suggested on a thread here last year). This involves replacing the "submarine" metal pipe with a straight pipe and connecting a longer expansion tank hose to a tee in the heater/bypass hose. It makes filling easier and the expansion tank is then on the engine half of the circuit rather than the radiator half. Classic Silicone Hoses sent me all the bits I needed to do this.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all as the supplier of the tees I just wanted to explain that the 8-10 days delivery is of course a max delivery time. I'm often out of the country for 3/4 days so post them asap on my return. However most of the time you will get them within 3 or 4 days. I have to put the 8 - 10 days to cover the legal side - I do my best to help you all.

Many thanks. *biggrin*

p.s. latest link:

bleed tees for sale