Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Pedal Extension Plugs to assist with heel-and-toeing

graearea

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"apart from the fact your car runs on fermented dinosaurs" *rofl*

I laughed out loud, and a little nervously, at the dislocated shoulder bit too. One can relate. 

Hopefully your stress will ease John, with the knowledge that you've massively improved the world for 20+ Caterham owners. It's now a considerably smoother place for downshifting. *clap*

"Hopefully your stress will ease John, with the knowledge that you've massively improved the world for 20+ Caterham owners."

that's assuming I've sent out the right things to the right people, they all fit, they all got the size they need. if I was to do this again, I'd send out 5, get feedback and then do the rest. I've never done this before.

I got the extension today but I'm afraid I'm going to have to return it as it doesn't fit my pedal. And never could. I've attached the pic of my pedal and as you can see, the loop at the bottom has the main pedal bar running right through the middle of the loop. I don't know if my pedal is unusual but it's a shame as I was looking forward to fitting your neat design. Can you send your address by PM ? Sorry about that.SSAcceleratorpedal.jpg.706e1465e7428a5f2d28dbdb3fe71eda.jpg

Hi TempleCloud,  since this was all a bit of an experiment, chop the plugs in half with a hacksaw to see if you can make it fit, glue it in place with some epoxy, keep the bolt and send me the postage money rather than posting them back.

Fitted and it feels great! I had to hit the round part of the pedal to make it more circular initially, then persuade in the 3d printed part lightly with the hammer, but it tightened up perfectly and feels rock solid. Haven't taken it for a drive yet as the weather is miserable today but I'm very happy with the product. 

B977884E-12C7-4415-9BF6-F5069FF9BB3B.jpeg.6444dfa58f6a050437263b5c419e50d5.jpeg 0FC87EB0-B745-46A5-965D-8EE1A5755943.jpeg.336e4558ef3784302ed005b4bbab0e4e.jpeg

That would be brilliant. My cutting and gluing seems to have lasted for two round trips of about 100 miles. And  it's still in place.  Interesting is the fact I needed to change my right foot muscle memory but the current configuration is certainly more convenient and my toe and toeing works 90% of the time rather than it being hit and miss like before.

If you haven't already printed this perhaps I can suggest a slight mod. Although it's not clear from my pic, the main bar that's in the centre of the bottom circular bit is welded in and there is some weld that splays out. It therefore might be a good idea for your inner part have as small a diameter as possible, notwithstanding that it will need to be wide enough to give the two fixing screws some support. No problem if you've already printed or if you'd rather not change your plan. It might just save your lovely print being  modified slightly by a duffer like me *wobble*