Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Pedal Extension Plugs to assist with heel-and-toeing

graearea

I normally get my 3D prints done by Materialise, as I need high resolution, but haven't done one for a couple of years so have lost touch with home printers. I just came across this one which seems absolutely brilliant: https://phrozen3d.com/pages/mighty-8k-preorder-8k-resolution-maximized-productivity#page-section-d7bb06d5-3ed8-41b5-a54a-b9dbb6cbbd1a

A resin 8K printer for just around £650. The review on YT here is awesome: 

I might just get back into printing again....

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mine is a kingroon KP3S and cost me 170, but I've ordered a prusa because printing these things for you lot REALLY pissed me off having to do them one or two at a time and the prusa should be more consistent. a resin is fine if you need the resolution (I don't) and you have somewhere to print with it (not inside your house) and you can be arsed with all the curing etc (I can't). I'm printing these things with 0.3mm res as it's quicker. I could do 0.2 but it's not needed. that printer you linked is pretty insane. technology is ace. I'm just soldering up a new version of my indicators using a gyro as well as an accelerometer for it. the fact I can learn this stuff of the internet is really mindblowing.

Took the pedal extension out for a blat today and it makes a world of difference. The 20mm is perfect for an SV I would say. It never got in the way but allowed me to heel and toe when required. 

I'm so glad it's worked out.

The 20mm is perfect for an SV I would say.

the variation in gaps between the pedals on these cars is insane, I'm asking people to measure the gap so we can get it right first time now.

That's great. Thanks so much as it makes a huge difference...

As an aside, if you get the positive feedback that I suspect you will from other users perhaps you should think of approaching Caterham Cars to offer these as an optional extra for their new cars. Why this should be necessary however is beyond me. This heel and toeing has been an issue on Caterhams for years so why Caterham haven't re-designed the loud pedal to take it into account god knows. Caterhams are bought by people who like proper driving, many of which are encouraged to race them in Caterham's own race series. Heel and toeing is an important factor in fast driving. Surely this must have been considered at some stage by some exec or designer at Caterham ?

it wouldn't be worth them selling my product they could just do their own. I can't patent it, there's nothing stopping them just ripping it off, sticking 20 quid and a caterham logo on top and selling them.

once I run out of orders from you lot I'll stick it on pistonheads and facebook for a few quid more.

Well there we go.  
940E51AA-3B62-47FB-9D0E-BEE051ED5D98.thumb.jpeg.8b14ebc9af2587e819d55dad2980c225.jpeg

All the outstanding deliveries out including the ones lost by yodel and the couple that weren't quite right. 
I've sold 30-odd of these now and had almost no problems and so far no requests for refunds! 

thanks to all the patient people, the club is clearly full of them. It's been stressful but I'm over the rush and the risk now. If I were to do it again I'd just have sent 5 sets out and delayed the others until I got feedback, but I got lucky in that you're all tinkerers and not scared of a bit of filing. 
If anyone wants to see and try a set I'll be at cadwell in 2 weeks with the club with a bag of them and probably the same at Anglesey. 
crackin

J

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...