Click here if you are having website access problems ×

LED headlight recommendations

Steve Willis

6 hours ago, coolcatshaft said:

I've bought the eBay ones too! But am a complete newbie with spanner work. Are the connections behind the nose cone?

I have Assembly Guides and wiring diagrams for any Member who wants them.

As the initial guide to identifying wires I recommend "Commonly used colour codes for British car wiring".

IIRC the only tricky job is feeding wires through the wingstay, and for most replacements of this type that isn't necessary. 

Jonathan

Edited by Jonathan Kay
  • Like 1

I’ve just received my car builder solutions 5.75” head light bowls, my EBay Cafe racer lamps are due Monday and I’ve bought the newer head light brackets on the newer cars. (Mines and imperial)

I bought the lowering brackets off here but they sat so far back you couldn’t see the indicators, and I saw this as abit dangerous.

my question is can someone share with me some good images of where the wiring now runs with these brackets?

im sure there is a hole drilled into the chassis wishbone mount are for the wires to run through but just want to be clear of the path.

cheers, Jode.

So I’ve just completed fitting the latest head light brackets, car builder solutions (the same as Caterham parts) and the EBay Cafe racer style LED lights!

simple install and they look so much better! The newer brackets (mines an imperial car) really suit the car sitting further forward.

IMG_3595.jpeg

IMG_3600.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

I've been this rabbit hole at the beginning of the year. The Sip scooter shop LED's are LHD (NS-2270) they don't supply RHD (NS-2273). I then contacted the manufacturer of the Caterham LED's to try and blag a set but was unsuccessful, however they did put me in touch with the UK distributor who supplies Caterham and would supply them direct at a cost  £221.80 + vat, they also supply the headlight bowls which includes the wiring harness at £35.95.

In the end I opted for the Ebay cafe racer style ones, but don't pay full price they accept very low offers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MM7 said:

In the end I opted for the Ebay cafe racer style ones, but don't pay full price they accept very low offers.

They declined my offer of £35 for a pair earlier this week.  They said £40 was the lowest they'd go.  Assuming the same seller of course. Maybe too many Blatchatters have been asking 😉 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, MM7 said:

The info I had from the sole UK distributor is NS 2270 is LHD, NS 2273 is RHD and as fitted by Caterham ,  NS 2271 has straight beam pattern for USA market

Beat me too it. I was just about to edit my post. I found the manufacturer in Taiwan and you’re 100% right. Sorry for the doubt. 

21 hours ago, StevehS3 said:

They look the same and the markings are almost identical.
Just a thought, car headlights are designated LHD or RHD, I wonder what a single light scooter would be? 

Most new lights on car are flat dip meaning the manufacrueres can use the same light for lh 7 rh drive, motor bikes use the same style.

My LED liights are flat dip

• Like 1

• Area Representative