Click here if you are having website access problems ×

LED headlight recommendations

Steve Willis

I wired the red wire to the side light, and the main plug to the standard headlight. That turns the halo on when you turn the sidelight on, then keeps the halo on when dipped and main beam are engaged.

From memory, keeping the two connected as shown in the image on the left means you get nothing on sidelight, and halo on for dipped and main.

• 1 year later...

Looking at them i think it's fair to say that they look 'Similar' to the cafe racer ones, however there is obviously a big price difference.  

By the same token the cafe racer ones look 'Similar' to the CC ones, again with a considerable price difference! 

Im certainly no expert, but by my logic i would assume that the quality is broadly dependent on price purely due to the economics of it all.   I couldn't justify the price for the CC ones for the amount of time i would rely on them driving in the dark, but by the same token i didn't want to fit something that was of very poor quality.  For me the cafe racer ones seemed like a good compromise that would fit my needs.   

I think it would be safe to assume that the ebay ones and the cafe racer ones weren't the same item, and by the logic above, that the cafe racer ones aren't the same spec as the CC ones.  There are certainly lots of choices out there and no real way of telling how good or bad something is until you've bought it and tried it, which is what led me to go on recommendation for mine. 

• Like 1

Totally agree Dan. 

I’ve been looking at changing my headlights for something a little more modern and have read this thread in its entirety. I found those after a quick google search so thought I would ask considering they look really close to the cafe racer ones. I’ll put in a silly low offer and see if they accept. Even if they are complete rubbish at least I can warn other members off them. 

Edited by PlastererPete

• Area Representative

They do look like the same ones. If so then they are a bargain. 

4 hours ago, PlastererPete said:

• Area Representative

I’d wager the ones off Ebay are the same as the Cafe Racer ones.  Think some people are making good money from selling these LED headlights well over what they are being sourced for.  As for the Caterham ones, ludicrously over priced.  Shame.

Picture shows Cafe Racer ones.

IMG_0095.jpeg

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, coolcatshaft said:

Never mind, a quick google found the just add lightness video, looks simple enough, just need some spade connectors for the side light 👍

I’ve bought some 501/w5w/t10 sidelight “extensions” and will be cannibalising them so I don't affect existing wiring. Just attaching a bullet connector (which the ebay ones have) and away we go. 

• Like 1