Click here if you are having website access problems ×

flapping harness!

Hi all - can anyone please suggest a good way to stop the harness straps flapping up into your face? I've tried folding them inside the harness but eventually they seem to work loose so hoping there is a trick to this before my teeth get knocked out!

Industrial velcro.

Send me an email and I will post you sufficient for two sets of shoulder straps.

I only have black at this point in time,

Undoing them may even save you needing to go to the gym for a work out.

Are your belts extra wide or standard?

Regards

RFF

Indeed this forum is a goldmine!...many thanks all

So I 'borrowed' a selection of my daughters hair bands to experiment, and seems the best solution depends on the harness I think.

As I have a mismatched pair of harnesses (gotta love Caterham parts dept!), Ive found that Nicks solution works for the later Luke harnesses with the more substantial buckle as I have on drivers side. As he suggests, the ends of the harness straps do push back up into the buckle and then lock in, creating a short loop which wont flap up. Problem solved!

However, the passenger side is the earlier buckle model, and here elastic/velcro looks like the way to go

Thanks for offers of parts, but I will give the hair bands a run first and see how we get on

Drive faster, that'll cure it. It's not widely known, but at a certain speed turbulence actually disappears. I tell SWMBO that I'm trying to hit that exact speed all the time, but never quite get there. Still trying though 😬

People will tell you otherwise; they are in denial.

Some options:

1. Tuck the flappy end back under the belt so that the end is much shorter or non-existent (it's what I do). Can be quite neat and the folded end of the belt holds it all in pace.

2. Use some form of clip to hold the belt in place. Stationery cupboard bulldog clips should do.

3. Use a badge - the sort that has a pin and a thing the pin goes into. Make sure you don't damage the belt when poking the pin through it though.

4. Dab of silicon sealant (unless you need to loosen the straps ever).

Andy

Gent's,

Solved this problem years ago.

What you need is velcro hook and loop ties. The ones I have are made by Sellotape. In big letters on the packet it says Cable ties, then on the bottom Hook & loop ties. They are 6 x 12 x 200mm, and on the back of the packet it says re-order code 4317. I think they are primarily used as cable tidies, back of telly etc. Pretty sure I bought them in an office stationary shop.

Oz.