Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Shower cap/hood reccomendations please?

RedCat7

I'm sure SBFS make a good one but I'd prefer to avoid them after some recent poor service. It's for an SV with FIA X Roll Bar.

I've heard Oxted Trimming do one that used to be decent but now it's been cost reduced. I can't find any details or pictures on their website.

I suspect this is them on ebay. In which case I'm put off by the lame photograph.

I have a SBFS's shower cap for my SV and its excellent. I have to say I did modify it a bit by adding poppers to attach it to the windscreen which made redundant the need for any other support to prevent excessive pooling . A great bit of kit I could not have done without this year. The seven has stood out in some very strong winds and driving rain and its kept the car dry as a bone. I note your comment .. are you near to their workshop? Being able to collect at the door makes a difference. I can send you photos if you mail me. *wavey*

• Area Representative

Loads here . . . "caterham" and "shower "search on eBay

Top three seem to be the same type/maker as the one I bought through a BlatChat member on here for about £40ish, gts1.

Mine is still working fine and is as useful for dust, leaves and prying eyes as it is for showers.

Might be worth pinging him via details above as he did offer a L7C discount if you asked.

Quoting RedCat7: 
I'm sure SBFS make a good one but I'd prefer to avoid them after some recent poor service.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b289/Elemental402/3b9f4cf5-burn-the-witch-burn-witch-kill-monty-python-demotivational-poster-1223816026-300x283.jpg

Edited by - Cannonball Bob on 4 Jul 2012 20:35:03

On this subjct I bought a shower cap last year from GTS1 and although well designed and good fitting it did not go the distance and lasted one month in france. (albeit getting used 2-3 times a day). The seams gave way and it split open and the elastic straps pulled off.

I guess for usual UK usage this is probably a few years!

Could have been repaired easily but I dont have a sowing machine so have ordered one off SB47's to see how that compares.

Mike

SBFS shower cap ordered yesterday at 2.30pm, delivered today 11.00am.

Club membership got free p&p.

Just done a test fit - brilliant.

Haven't inspected stitching yet but as with the half hood it feels like a quality item.

Don't expect problems but will report if necessary.

Can go overnight stays now *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup*

Tony

I think your'e spot on there Mike. He checked stock whilst on the phone and hey presto! I'd give him a ring to see where he's up to.

Heading for Fort William early July. I think I have permission to take the 7 if the weather forecast is anything like promising. SWMBO will take Cooper S and teenage son will choose which passenger seat to occupy!

Tony

• Leadership Team

Quoting billyboanerges: 
Heading for Fort William early July

Tony

Assume that's this weekend then! Might bump into you - I'm taking my son Dan and his pals up on Saturday to climb Ben Nevis ....... then back to the Lakes and Snowdonia! Wish I was doing the walking not the driving though ☹️

Stu.

• Area Representative

Got my SBFS shower cap in time to make good use at LM Classic. I didn't like the way the standard one stopped a few inches away from the scuttle so they modified for me.

Works extremely well, good quality work and very impressed with the material used as water seems to bead on it and run off well.