Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Calling Experts & Novices

glasgow

• Area Representative
You can then assist another Sevener when theirs breaks and they don't have a spare !!

Unless it happens to be left hand drive. Ian.

Paul Richards

Area Representative - L.A.D.S. (Lancashire and District Sevens)

LADS Website

Growing old is compulsory - Growing up is optional

• Area Representative

Carry a decent torch, mine is on a lanyard/get a lanyard (and carry your keys on it, thus alleviating lost keys/key in pocket scenario). Not long had my car when everything died on pitch black country lane. Couldn't see a thing ...

Do Not Disturb - disturbed already

You will become expert at pot rivetting.

The AA don't carry 1000s of different cables they make up temporary cables on the road side by carrying cable and a box of assorted ends that are grub-screwed on to a cable. You find this out after waiting 3 hours for them to turn up when your clutch cable goes and you don't carry a spare.

Remember when the grass is long in the summer you can't see what's coming at the roundabout but Saxo Daz behind may think you can and be surprised when you slowdown / stop 😳

Always remember to re-clip the bonnet after checking fluids (unlike me on my first track day 😳)

Smile and wave at everyone who smiles and waves at you..and even those who don't.

Steve Campbell

Orange R400 Duratec

Don't foget to breathe. It is still easy, after 4 years of 7ing, to go a few miles seemingly on one breath.

Don't let the seat back get between the inside of your jacket and your back as you slide down onto the seat swab, especially in a busy petrol station 😳

Don't worry about the clunks and clicks. Use earplugs and any blat becomes less mechanically worrying.

Don't assume any other driver has seen you, even in a lurid coloured 7, and don't assume they have any idea how quickly you are accelerating.

Peter

In Memoriam DMG

..one more (from me).

Learn to enter and exit gracefully and in one flowing, well-practised "I know what I'm doing" movement......or watch those admiring, slightly envious glances you saw as you first pull in to a petrol station/pub/blat quickly turn to a look that says "Knob" as you finally scramble out of the car on your hands and knees

😬 😔

*arrowup* *thumbup*

some months ago I pulled a muscle in my shoulder, didn,t cause a problem getting into 7 but on arrival at very public destination realised I could not push down on sill to elegantly exit cockpit, had to turn body through 180 degrees, get knee and leg over side of car and virtualy crawl out, did I feel a t"@t *redface*

Tim

Believe your car is invisible, because there are a good few drivers out there that never see you. Also be prepared for Taxi drivers in Peugeot 406 estates to try and stick to your rear number plate just because you over took him on a nice straight when he was busy lighting a fag...

Jonathan

=========================

My Flickr Gallery

92 Supersprint, Ford LSD LA, RK AX Crossflow. Stealth model (Matt Black and Ali), rebuild completed.

Keep a selection of spare fuses just in case.

Fit a 12v socket for your sat nav.

Get a tunnel bag for extra storage (ideal for those fuses).

Practice fitting your half hood in under 30 seconds as there is never any cover when the rain comes down.

Fit armourfend to your rear wings and other vulnerable areas to reduce those stone chips.

Enjoy