Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Phone holder for poppers above dash

Rhodesey

I have searched but not found whether anyone does a solution for attaching a phone holder to the central poppers above the dash.

Is there an 'off the shelf' solution that is available? 

I’ve stuck one of these to my windscreen. Works a treat (unless you have an aero screen of course! 😂)

You can position it so that the phone just obscures the bonnet so you don’t lose any visibility and it’s pretty unobtrusive when there isn’t a phone on it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nillkin-SnapHold-Compatible-Magnetic-Bathroom/dp/B0B7JBF8BG?pd_rd_w=XtBzw&content-id=amzn1.sym.38f90169-67d8-49b7-8ef1-61bdff262c06&pf_rd_p=38f90169-67d8-49b7-8ef1-61bdff262c06&pf_rd_r=85H40SRDS2X22E3JEDKG&pd_rd_wg=8kkEr&pd_rd_r=f6893ef2-2a7c-498a-af28-a57e8ed5fc45&pd_rd_i=B0B7JBF8BG&psc=1&ref_=pd_basp_m_rpt_ba_s_1_sc

IMG_8881.thumb.jpeg.ef671d54d7e5aa22eca45abcbf018f2b.jpeg

image.thumb.png.93113a9a63787b871ec8ef088ac7c4df.png

I do sell the quadlocks but I also sell one which uses VHB tape to stick to the scuttle. I run an aero screen and wanted the phone out of the 120mph air. it uses 2 magnets and a steel plate that bonds to your phone's case. It is nice and rigid and I've taken the car around the Karussel and jumped the mountain at cadwell,  both times the phone was fine.

https://uberniche.co.uk/maglock

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jonathan Kay said:

Thanks: I wanted to include those but couldn't find the discussion in the forum.

I knew John made them so found the picture in his website… not sure if they have been discussed here!

Thanks everyone - it was when you all posted photos that I realised that the poppers actually had screws in the centre of them.  I had been wondering how the 3d printed ones would work - of course I now feel daft for not looking before but it isn't the first time I have asked a daft question in my life & won't be the last !

Posted (edited)

Got one of the 3d printed ones off eBay and it seems the SV scuttle is a different distance to the windscreen than the S3. Will be looking for my dremmel at the weekend to take off about 7-8mm 

Edited by Rhodesey

• Leadership Team
1 hour ago, Rhodesey said:

Got one of the 3d printed ones off eBay and it seems the SV scuttle is a different distance to the windscreen than the S3. Will be looking for my dremmel at the weekend to take off about 7-8mm 

Did you buy this one? It’s hard to believe that it wouldn’t fit both S3 and SV variants? I have one fitted to my S3.

IMG_0997.jpeg

8 hours ago, SLR No.77 said:

Did you buy this one? It’s hard to believe that it wouldn’t fit both S3 and SV variants? I have one fitted to my S3.

I have one fitted to my SV!  
(well, I think it’s the same!)

Perhaps its me, but that looks like it fits once you have the spacer under it to lift it above the IVA edge trim.

If you start trimming the rear of the bracket (windscreen side) be aware the outside walls on a 3d print are usually very thin - perhaps 0.5 to 1mm. Inside a 3d print you 'fill' the structure with a pattern and set the percentage of fill you require to make up the strength. Its often 20% fill so 80% space, its very rarely solid. Just want you to be aware so you're not surprised when you "break through" to the inside.

Following on from this thread. I have the 3D-printed bracket (inc spacer) for my S3 but haven't yet got a phone holder to attach to it. Can anyone recommend a good solid phone holder for the bracket that will suit an iPhone-8, iPhone 13 or both?

Many thanks.

Mike.

Or, keep your phone in your pocket and use a Beeline motorcycle SatNav.

For minimal visual intrusion combined with the "at a glance' route directions.

This is the original Beeline which I have had for 2 years now, but I have just ordered the new 2024 Beeline (larger screen, extra features etc) ...

IMG_4664.jpg

On 11/04/2024 at 17:51, graearea said:

image.thumb.png.93113a9a63787b871ec8ef088ac7c4df.png

I do sell the quadlocks but I also sell one which uses VHB tape to stick to the scuttle. I run an aero screen and wanted the phone out of the 120mph air. it uses 2 magnets and a steel plate that bonds to your phone's case. It is nice and rigid and I've taken the car around the Karussel and jumped the mountain at cadwell,  both times the phone was fine.

https://uberniche.co.uk/maglock

Just installed one of John's too 👌.

Well out the way of the aeroscreen centre. 20240428_165342.thumb.jpg.88607a5fcd99b213accad8d8d8bd9215.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Mike-360R said:

Can anyone recommend a good solid phone holder for the bracket that will suit an iPhone-8, iPhone 13 or both?

Quad Lock.

They do bespoke cases or stick-on adapters for the phone and a variety of mounts including a wireless charging one as per my photo in the third post of this thread above.

• Like 1

Great posts and options in this thread. BigCol, I have purchased a Brodit holder for the iPhone 8 but also ordered a Quadlock wall mount (to stick to the 3D-printed bracket) and a corresponding case for the iPhone 8. I may also get a Quadlock case for my other half's iPhone 13 to give more easily switchable options. I'll pick a combination and try it out on the Taffia run in a couple of weeks.