Click here if you are having website access problems ×

UPDATED ORDER DETAILS: Lightweight machined Aluminium "Heel and Toe" throttle extension

Mucus72

heeltoeassem.1.png.5a69c8ae541f6a5324eb872d4da20b8f.png

Heeltoecylindricalpedal.png.fa77b6b9be029df54c747bf8b0c5d8f5.png

UPDATE 02/08/17: Thanks to all for showing interest. It proved to us that it was a project worth undertaking. Aircraft grade aluminium is already on order!

Please could you each go here and complete the form, you will need to take a few simple measurements as described: https://goo.gl/forms/w1XpM7q66KEimfGq1

Hi all,

Since I assembled my car, I've not been happy with either the gap between the brake and throttle or the suggested bend/hammer/shape the throttle to be closer suggested fix!

I mentioned that I struggled to heel and toe to a colleague and he then told me that his 16 year old son, massively into engineering, would be able to design something and fabricate this as a mini-project.

So off I went, round to their house, and Josh (son) showed me his 3D printing skills, his CNC lathe and cutting equipment. A very cool garden shed!

Lots of measurements, a CAD design and a bunch of hours elapsed, and he'd fabricated the perfect custom, threaded (M8), hollow (light weight) extension to slot directly into the throttle "hoop" and thread lock, washer and bolt up.

We made a 2 measurements that are custom and important, to do with the width of my regular driving shoe and the inner gap between throttle and brake pedals  

The reason this is important is that the last thing you want to be doing as you pivot around your right heel in a pure braking situation, is to also hit the throttle... 

But then when you decide that you want to brake with a good portion of the top part of your foot and roll over to blip the throttle, it also needs to be easily achievable.

if you are interested in purchasing this heel and toe throttle extension, which takes just a few minutes to fit (easier with pedal box lid off), then  let me know here, and I can see, on behalf of Josh, whether he has a summer job fabricating loads of these!

I've been testing mine over the last few weeks and it's awesome. I didn't weigh it, but because it's hollowed out, it's so light it does not affect throttle return, and is really slick.

When I understand interest levels, I will work out how to best get your custom measurements.

£15 plus postage by the way!

Thanks

Marcus

• 2 weeks later...

This is not a hassling, at all, as I get that people go on holiday at this time of year (etc) - is there any way of knowing my form submission has gone through? (Or, what are the expected response times?)

Submitted it on the 6th, no response yet - I'm mostly concerned that the form submission didn't complete or didn't send the necessary notification.

Thanks!

Hi Anthony, no problem at all, fine to query!

Josh is waiting for a bolt order that has been delayed, he's fabricated 6 of the extensions already, and would expect orders to be shipepd soon. We definitely received yoru order - in fact 8 orders so far. For the benefit of everyone else on this thread that ordered and has had no feedback, please hang fire a little longer.

These are the orders received (and in order of receipt):

Alan Reeves
John Roskruge
Neil Allen
Steve Davenport
Garry Hooton
Antony Hawkins
darren carr
Jason Harper