Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Hi Spec Brakes Bulk Buy

scooby dooby doo

Hi Spec are going to bring out a 2 pot caliper with integral handbrake in the next 2-6 months IRO £200 a pair.

These would be suitable for the rear of the car, would save weight and offer improved braking over the sierra items.

They would require an adapter plate - but we should be able to get them to make that for us.

Is there any interest in trying to organise a bulk buy to hurry them up a bit and get the price a bit lower 🤔

No obligation as yet - just trying to gauge interest and then I can go to them and see if they'll play ball with us...

HOOPY 500 kg R706KGU

so that's 6 so far.

Current question list is:

Front calipers - racing 4 has been recommended by Harry Flatters

Does the handbrake just clip in 🤔

Will they use the std rear disks 🤔

I'll also ask Fluke about bulk buys for disks for front and rear.

Fluke also do very good RS14 prices...

HOOPY 500 kg R706KGU

I registered interest on the other Wilwood thread but here it is again.

It may be worthwhile saying, I have vented disks on the front with my Hi-Spec Racing 4 calipers.

Now one of the reasons that the Hi-Spec disks are cheaper than AP is that they use an EBC disk which is a cut down (to get a 252mm diameter) Pug 306 disk. AP manufactured their disk especially for the 7 and as far as I know it does not fit anything else. The machined down Pug disk is virtually identical to the AP disc in terms of size. The thing about these disks is that the offset from the mounting flange has to be correct, otherwise it will foul the track rod end like the Wilwood disk which is a cut down Capri 2.8 disk and is about 1 or 2 mm different on the offset than the Pug & AP disk.

Glad I got that clear *confused* *confused*

*arrowright* *arrowright*Harry Flatters *arrowright* *arrowright* *thumbup*

AKA Steve Mell of Su77on Se7ens

Edited by - Harry Flatters on 23 Jan 2003 17:07:15

looks like we're up to 15 people

I've heard that the Hi-spec disks aren't very good. So i was going to get mine from Fluke, they'll do them skimmed or not.

more quesitons for me to ask then:

Can we get adapters made up for all the caterham rear ends - Dedion and Ford Live Axle 🤔

Do they take a standard pad design - I presume people will be interested in RS14s and EBC stuff 🤔

How easy are they to bleed 🤔

HOOPY 500 kg R706KGU

Presumably Hoopy they are only suitable/recommended if you've already uprated the front brakes. My own car, like many I believe, with standard brakes already has too much braking effort on the back causing sideways moments under the heaviest braking.

Ken