Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Still Soooo Sloooooow !

chris956

Can a tweak be made to the speed of the forum please. Like a really BIG tweak.... I`m paying all this money to Virgin Media for state of the art speedy broadband but the site is so slow its unbearable. (presses button then walks off to put the kettle on whilst page reloads)

Pretty please with knobs on *moan*

*bow*

I suspect there is a permissions error somewhere.

If I access the forum as a guest i.e. not logged on , its quick to enter and the various top tabs refresh quickly.

If i'm logged on the forum takes a while to load and the tabs take 7-8 seconds to bring up the infomation.

tested this in ie11 & Chrome and get the same result.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yep I'm with Chris, tediously slow getting to chitchat and navigating around it, going back to threads etc. Mac Yosemite Google or Safari, not changed much if at all since day one, speed was one of the many simple beauties of the old BC, on mobile devices, phones, slow rural connections it was almost alway virtualy instant,  I have,  like many others I suspect, got to a point where I can't be bothered to navigate around the threads, 

sorry

Tim

PS took over 7 seconds to post that, that is ridiculous

• Area Representative

Very slow and clunky for me too.

I venture to suggest that this is the biggest problem with the forums. I can no longer flick around threads and categories like we used to, and soon get fed up so log off and do something useful instead *wink*

Im with Tbird - flicking through threads is too much like hard work, and Im looking at Pistonheads more and more at work and on my phone while commuting just because its easier for hopping around forums and discussions.  Ive not reistered to comment there yet, as its a bit big and scary and time - its like leaving my comfortable, caring CofE Primary School, and going to the Comprehensive Secondary school on the estate *shoot*

C`mon Blatchat - get this sorted already. Its one of the main gripes from everyone and turns people off the site which is not good for business.

We`ve paid lots of thousands of £££`s to get this site developed so why cant someone pick the phone up and start shouting. . . . . .or at last give some sort of explanation as to why it is sooo slow and moving forward , some timescales as to when it will be sorted ??? 

<<Presses the "post new comment button" ... and then has time to read 2 threads over at PH before anything happens>>

• Support Team

It's being looked at. Our dev partner are now looking at the underlying MySQL database to see if it can be better indexed. There are over 2 million records on the site so every query has a lot to do.

Hope they are not telling you that 2 million records is big for MySql, it ain't even quite large, Facebook uses MySql and I suspect it has a few more than 2 million records, the hosting company and Devs need to up thier game.

• 1 month later...