Click here if you are having website access problems ×

LSD

evotell

If I remember correctly there was a US spec car that used the same differential... So you might be able to pick something suitable up closer to home. Otherwise postage may sting somewhat. However, if you had a new diff made up, it would be VAT free, and then you may or may not pay duty when it arrives (a lot of the mountain bikers ordering bits from Europe seem to get charged less than half of the time *confused*). I'm pretty sure any of the guys listed above will have experience of shipping abroad, so give them a call *thumbup*

Quoting Nigel Fox: 
Tran x are unfortunately no longer with us. I still have one of their excellent LSDs however.

Quaife acquired Tran-X and all their intellectual knowledge, tools etc. back in 2012, so the diffs and other parts are still available.

I have a ZF and it is set up for a big heavy saloon car at the moment, which means that it is rubbish in a 500-kg Caterham. :(

Depending on what usage you put your car to, you might find a second hand AP Suretrac as fitted to 7s in the 90s. They are very effective but are limited in the amount of torque they can handle and were fitted as factory fit to 175bhp Vauxhall 7s, HPCs etc. For this reason, numbers of owners switched to stronger Quaiffe, Titan or, if they could find one, ZF, when they upgraded their engine power, so you might find one sitting under a bench somewhere. Phil Stuart at Road and Race *arrowup* sometimes knows where to get good/refurbished used units.

Also see Angus's great article for further info.