Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Decent foot pump suggestions....

N1ck

Seem to go through them at a reasonable rate. Most recent, a double barrelled Michelin, has also just given up the ghost.

Any suggestions for a robust unit that is likely to be around longer than 6 months?

Nick.

• Support Team
They are all rubbish - I gave up when the last one went in the bin at Anglesey circuit and bought a 12V one powered from a cigarette lighter socket. Done 2 seasons sprinting with it now and it makes life far easier. *wink*

Nick,

I've given up on barrel foot pumps. Like you I just don't seem to find one that lasts. Having looked on Amazon the ones that get the good reviews are the compressor type that Shaun mentions.

I received my Ring Automotive RC610 analogue one last week which I used at the weekend for the first time. So far things are looking great. Seemingly decent screw on valve fitment rather than the lever type - hopefully this means it isn't as breakable. Only thing is, you have to be quick unscrewing it so as to not let too much air escape when taking it off.

Cheers

David

• Leadership Team

I've used a number of 12v pumps .... they all fail eventually, binned another last week *mad* I also have a Michelin twin barrel footpump which is lasting "okay" although the general construction is not as good as it should be.

Might seem a bit daft but the best quality all round pump I've used on the Seven is my bicycle Joe Blow track pump *thumbup*

Stu.

If the pump is for the garage dont forget to consider a cycle stirrup pump. I use one for the 'normal' car and the 7 and it works a treat for adjustments in pressure and top ups. Of course it requires a little physical effort but thats a bonus. *wavey*