Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Where can i find the poly thingy special bush for live axle a-frame please

zetec

here?

ETA, some more info here:

"The "top hat" bushes where A-frame pivots under the differential have a very short life, especially when soaked in oil from a leaking axle. The Moss part number is 88G274 (old number Y16), and this is identical to the front top trunnion bush on a MG Midget."

Edited by - Neil66 on 26 Apr 2013 22:09:02

Quoting CaterBram: 
Are they significantly better than the standard ones. ?

Don't seem to have any issue with degregation due to diff oil as i cured the leaks when I rebuilt the diff.

They're meant to last longer as they don't deteriorate when soaked in oil/fuel/Crossflow juice.

Those other examples of oil-tight motoring, Land Rovers, are also popular targets for poly bushes.

Beware though. They have far less give than traditional rubber bushes and might, (Pedants please note: might, not will) transfer more of the shocks and movement they're intended to absorb.

Edited by - Cannonball Bob on 27 Apr 2013 11:45:25

My personal experience of the poly bushes on my Live Axle A-Frame, was that they lasted no longer that the standard bushes. Given the cost of the poly bushes versus the costs of standard bushes. I have gone back to using rubber bushes.

My personal experience of the poly bushes on my Live Axle A-Frame, was that they lasted no longer that the standard bushes. Given the cost of the poly bushes versus the costs of standard bushes. I have gone back to using rubber bushes.

That is so not my experience, as the last X-years testify to...

(For a value of 'X' search when I put my bushes in...)

😬 😬 😬

Craig,

Sussex MG Parts in Partridge Green are the place to go to for this bush, really good prices, rubber bush is £2-3. and the Poly version around a fiver. They seem to have these in stock all the time.

I am fitting the spherical bearing A frame during my current rebuild and English axle conversion, I'll let you know whether it makes any difference soon.

regards, Phil