Click here if you are having website access problems ×

I don't have the horn .....

Violet Elizabeth

I have always enjoyed a good horn and installed Hella Supertones on my seven. Nicely loud for getting peoples attention. Was great help in forcing some painfully slow Porsche driver off track at my last track day 😳 😬

Thanks, plenty of horns to be thinking about.

I think I am right in thinking I need one for an MOT ?

Can't actually believe I forgot to put the actual horn in, despite having a button *redface* Damn, more weight !

My 5 year old discovered the problem, he was very excited that the button "is on his side" 😳 *smile* but couldn't get it work.

Quoting Stationary M25 Traveller: 
Yes - you must have an audible warning device.

Edit ... where did you put the button ? You want it accessible very quickly and as close to your hands on the wheel !

On the dash just above the tunnel. Not the best place to be honest. But reachable with a harness on. I may look to swap it for another push switch.

My first ever company car - Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport - came with Maserati air horns. Except that it didn't...

Tried them out on my first drive home in the car and click, click went the relay. Opened the bonnet and found just two bullet comnnectors with nothing to connect to.

So much for the PDI - and it took the dealer quite a few days to remedy it *nono*

Ah the 80s...

Andy

• 4 weeks later...
I can't comment on the eBay ones, but the halfords are made my Fiamm. They certainly do the job, I fitted a set over Christmas and if I ever need to use them I'll be heard. The ones that come with the seven were embarrassing at MOT time. Mine were reduced to £15 as the packaging was damaged.