Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Wiper nut covers

Northern Banana

• 1 year later...

Any supplier of steel reinforcement will be able to supply a debonding sleeve for dowel bars. These are about a foot long and can be cut down to the 3/4" that's needed. I think 16mm fits.

They'll probably give the things to you, since they're only about 20p each.

I found them (here in the U.S.A.) available in red, black, blue, green, white, and clear from ULINE for 18 cents each (0.11 GBP), but with a minimum buy quantity of 50 - still only 9 bucks American, plus tax and shipping. I sent this information to Carl at Seven Speed, but he never replied, so I assume he was not interested.

I also found some sold as "thread protectors" in gray at my local home improvement store (Home Depot) for under a dollar U.S.

Got nowhere in B&Q Les. Bough what I thought would be OK - 18mm (smallest diameter available). They were just over £3 for 4 in a sealed bag in the door furniture aisle sold under chair floor protectors. Got home and much too big. Will check B&Q online when next near a computer.

Those 16mm ones from CBS look about perfect, just need a little length taking off them? Might be worth buying a few packs, then mailing out pairs to interested parties, would be cheaper postage in the long run?