Click here if you are having website access problems ×

headlight bulbs

Tom Butcher

digital ballast hey, the only ballast i'm used to is swing keels and water pumps....!!! 😬

sounds like serious light bulbs *eek*

thanks all, going to go for the philips brighter ones, little christmas present for me

R300 TJB Great for getting to the curry house quickly. SV Helps getting home again...

I've been using the X-treme power bulbs without problems and have been very impressed with them. I can't compare them to anything other than the standard bulbs but they've been a marked improvement.

Only problem seems to be that even with proper headlight alignment I sometimes get flashed on deserted stretches of road by an oncoming vehicle - presumably because after a stretch of dark road, the car appears to be on main beam to some folks *idea*

Darren E

K80RUM Website and Emerald maps library

Superlight R #54

Edited by - k80rum on 21 Dec 2007 23:54:37

After a bit more research and reading the reaper's link, i went for the x-treme power.

i ordered them from power bulbs at about 3 ish in the afternoon. It said order before 11am if you want express delivery but for some reason i couldn't select it anyway. So i resigned myself to wait till after christmas before they arrive. (missed the 11 deadline anyway).......... However...

i am sitting here checking e-mails with my new bulbs in front of me. That has got to be a world record for delivery.. no extra cost.. Just brilliant *thumbup*

R300 TJB Great for getting to the curry house quickly. SV Helps getting home again...

Update on new bulbs.

Just been out for a slide around down to Arundel and back. By the time i had washed the car and put it away it was dark... time to test new lights..

What a change, much much brighter. highly recommended *thumbup* if anyone is thinking what little thing they buy without the misses noticing the lost money 😬

i am comparing them with the original item though, so don't know how much better they are than the vision plus.....

Had fun looking out the passenger window today *thumbup* 😬 *nono*

being a sucker for a cheap upgrade - have just ordered same from powerbulbs....£24.99 with free delivery and free sidelights thrown in worth another tenner....got to be worth a punt.

Melting eyeballs in Kent next week then 😬

Running in a DVA K05...Emerald awaits!!here

Got the bulbs.... wow, what a difference!!!! - and really prompt delivery, plus the free phillips side lights look great as well, a far brighter, clearer (less yellow?) light than before...

I now have a 10% off code from Powerbulbs for any purchase - I don't need it so if anyone would like it please blatmail me. It can only be used once, so if more than one are interested why not do a mini bulk buy using the 10% off code...??

Rich

Running in a DVA K05...Emerald awaits!!here

• 1 month later...

Power bulbs get my vote too. Excellent service, quick, and got a set of sidelights free aswell. Also on the first invoice they offered me 10% discount off next order *tongue* Work well in the tintop now 😬

Its finally finished :-) 4000 miles completed. Back from CC now :-) I've missed it