Click here if you are having website access problems ×

K2 RUM NOT for Sale (Topic Title Edited for the blind & illiterate)

EFA

New business opportunity means I need to raise lots of wedge, so one of the things to go is my car.

Details are at www.the-webbs.com/k2rum/k2home.htm

The car has cost over £100,000 to get this far, and essentially has a 1000 mile old engine with most ancileries less than 12 months or 2000 miles old.

Horespower is likley over 300, (rolling road lost traction at 287bhp with 1500rpm to go) torque likely IRO 200ft/lbs.

Quoted as quicker than Mike Culmers 320BHP JPE Turbo by the man himslef, and very likely the quickest Caterham or the roads of the UK (and possibly the tracks, but TBD.)

0-60 <3 secs traction dependent, top speed meansured 14/6/04 152mph on limiter in 6th gear.

Dont bother offering sums less than £30k. Price includes number plate.

Fat Arn

Slay the K.

Edited by - fat arnie on 25 Jun 2004 21:31:39

Edited by - fat arnie on 26 Jun 2004 07:19:40

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well after 12 years of Seven ownership, and having given 10 years hard work raising many thousands of pounds for NTL via the Le Mans trip, and other events it seems an appropriate time to put the lid on the box.

Good luck in your new position at Sevens at La Sarthe Nemesis, I believe you and Robert with Lisa can keep the spirit and success of the trip flowing for many years yet.

Fat Arn

Slay the K.

As Nemesis says - what an opportunity! Wish i had enough wedge to buy it (or even just the Alleycats).

Someone is gonna be very lucky. Sorry you're selling it Arnie - Look forward to seeing it's replacement, if you get one.

Darren E

K80RUM Superlight R #54

This is quite close to my heart in some ways. I've considered selling V7 a few times, different reasons, but essentially I might get more "all year" use out of a more compromised car, especially now a little Marston is on the way. I've always wondered whether my car, particularly the reg plate, would actually hamper my attempts to sell it, as the plate is sort of synonymous with me.

I guess K2RUM isn't exactly like that though. Arnie posts using his real name, and cleverly (IMO) keeps the car's identity separate to himself. That said, the car *is* synonymous with Arnie... but being at the extreme level of tune it stands up on its own.

Good luck selling it Arnie. Sort of sad to see things go this way, but if the business is that which you posted about earlier, then I'm happy. Whatever, I wish you good luck.

Arnie

"top speed meansured 14/6/04 152mph on limiter in 6th gear"

14th was return from Le Mans to Le Harve. Does that mean French police timed you over Pont de Normandie ????????????????????????

Big thanks for organizing trip. Best wishes for the future

Mike

Hi Arnie

Best wishes with the New business opportunity *thumbup*

err straight swap and you keep the number plate 😬 (well it is more track raced than mine) *wink* 😬

I trust and hope we will all see you soon back with another car .

'Can you hear me running' ......... OH YES and its music to my ears 😬 😬 😬

1988 200 bhp, 146 ft lbs, 1700cc Cosworth BD? engineered by Roger King, on Weber's with Brooklands and Clamshell wings, Freestyle Motorsport suspension.

Having read many of Arnies thousands of posts I'm very sorry to see him sign off. He has been a wealth of knowledge on 7s to many and is never without an opinion---whether you agree or disagree with the knowledge and opinions. His dedication to 7s will be missed, and I don't even know him! Arnie: If you dedicate yourself to your new venture with the enthusiasm you have poured into being a 7 owner, success should be within your grasp. Then you can build an even better 7 Best to you in your endeavor and do drop in occasionally on BC and the remaining 7ers *cool* 😬

Arnie,

Just as mine is getting close to being finished you sell yours !

Very sorry to see the post. Good luck with the new venture.

BC, especially those with a VX, will be a lesser forum for the lost knowledge and enthusiasm.

Anthony

Raceco can on and it looks stunning

Hey Arnie, ya ain't selling K2RUM 'cos I scared you when I drove it at Le Mans are you?? *wink*

Guess I could always buy it I s'pose, I know how fast it is now 😬

(Only kidding *smile* - and I don't exactly have a spare 30K hanging around anyway!)

Good luck with the business side too...... so, expect to see you at Le Mans with an Enzo and a private helicopter in a few years' time!

FastLady