Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Density of petrol and Millwood weights

Myles

Right - does anybody know what the density of petrol is? AFAIK it's roughly 0.737 kg/litre...

...and has anybody got a sensible suggestion as to how much fuel one should include in the weight of the car (i.e. for comparisson purposes, do you quote the weight sans fuel, or with half-tank etc....?)

And does anybody want to contribute to a mini-database of car-specs vs. weights as reported by Millwoods flat-floor scales???

For starters, my 1.6k, de-dion race chassis, apollo, no heater, no screen, tillets, one half-door, one half-tonneau, no spare wheel, side impact and rear-wheel intrusion bars, carbon rear wings, 13" Minators with Bridgestone 720s...

...came in at 535kg with 24 litres of fuel on board (and one plastic fuel can... and other minor junk 😳) or 517kg with an empty tank...

Keep BC free and open for ALL. Membership No. 43xx

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

My sv on Caterhams scales with full tank(40 litres), apollo, screen, heater, leather seats, roof & doors, FIA bar, 6spd, 1.6kSS big brakes and 16" wheels with Avon ZZ3 and a spare and a wheel carrier and assorted locks / chains and tool kit and a litre of oil (top up), and a plumbed in extinguisher system was ...

611kg 😬

Edited by - mav on 8 Jun 2004 14:20:06

Hi Myles, good to talk to you today. My 1.8k supersport sans rear tyre, jack, or carbon, but with screen, heater, leather armchairs carpets etc... big brakes, R300 wheels with cr500's, full sidescreens and 6 speed box weighed 533.7kg and I was showing just under a quarter tank of fuel. Don't know the weight of fuel sorry.

Hope you solve the starter solenoid problem eventually

cheers Andrew

2003 SV with 1.8 K-Series, TB's, airbox, 4-2-1 CRS exhaust and silencer, plumbed-in extinguisher, Brooklands, 13 inch Minator's with 185/70 R13's, woven stainless steel nose cone mesh and tonneau covers.

No jack, no wipers, half tank, no screen, no doors, no carpets on floor, no spare wheel or carrier.

568 kg 😬

BRG Brooklands SV 😬 It seems that perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to take away. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

Hmmmm... Super"light" R with all the girly unnessecaries (screen, heater, leather seats doors etc) oh and 1/2 tank fuel was.... wait for it

564kg *eek* *eek*

good job I only weigh 72KG

Screen will be the first thing to go *cool*

Edited by - Geoff C on 6 Jun 2004 23:30:53

1992 DD Crossflow, no weather gear, windscreen, carpets, heater, or anything like that. Ally bell housing, MB rims, dry sumped, aeroscreen, full cage - 523kg with about 15l of fuel. Not weighed at Millwood, but accurate.

After a hi-vis (pocketted side) driver's door if anyone's got one? *thumbup*

1988 live axle XFlow, dry sump, 5 speed 1/2 tank of fuel, full weather gear, roll over bar (non-fia), dry sump, no spare 540kg on scales guaranteed to 0.5%

SEP field working, not spotted in 101,000 miles. Some photos here

2003 1.6 SV, screen, heater, leather seats, std roll bar, carpets, just under 1/2 tank fuel, 13" minators 185/70/13 yoko 21's, spare jack and tools...

573.5kg

Flat flooring to be arranged following a continuation of personal diet - still a bat fastard at the moment *smile*

Thanks to Millwood Motors for the great day out.

My 18.K SV with big brakes, 5 x R300 wheels with CR500s, leather seats, heater and carpets, full sidescreens, FIA Roll bar, but no tools and less than a quarter tank of fuel .....

563.5 Kg

Those tools must be heavy *smile*

My 1.4SS came in at 542Kg at Millwood. Carbon front wings, no spare wheel or heater, 6 speed box, full screen and side doors, leather seats and roof folded up in the boot. About 1/4 tank of fuel.

2003 1.6 K. Screen, doors, hood, apollo, 2kg handheld extinguisher, full cage, 2 * tillets, child booster seat (passenger side!), 13" minators w/ CR322s. No spare, no jack, no tools, no carpets, no heater. 5/8 tank fuel.

538 kg

Paul

Orange and black

maybe some of you heavy weights should use some of the fuel Ferrari uses, Quote " Ferrari has made good use of the low-density (light weight) Shell fuel to stay out on track longer than the opposition with both drivers. This strategy worked for Ferrari in Imola and in Barcelona."(this from the Shell website) 😬

1987 Live axle, X/flow, 5-speed, full weather, heater, half tank of petrol = 540kg (on the works weigh bridge *thumbup*

FTD Moreton in Marsh 1994 *cool* membership No.86xx

Q500 HPW