Click here if you are having website access problems ×

LED headlight bulbs

Petethediesel

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks - my car has the old spaghetti style loom so no issues for me. Been doing a lot of research on LEDs for my 2018 VW Transporter as the H4 headlights are dire, so understand some of the canbus issues.

I've stuck some of the latest Osram laser 150% bulbs in the VW and they are a lot better.(thanks to 7WOW's suggestion).

Ian

Hi Pete,

Just wondering is the beam pattern adjustable?  I've been doing some reading around the LED bulbs as I knew nothing about them and I came across some which could be rotated and locked into place with integrated grub screws.  The rotation allows the installation to ensure the beam pattern is spot on.  Thanks

I received my bulbs from Dave Gemzoe yesterday, and fitted them this morning in about 20mins.  The bulb can be adjusted by rotating the core of the bulb (ie the lighty up part and the heat exchanger) around the three pronged fitting, which has a series of indentations to fine tune it.  Its better seen than described, its really not difficult.  I've left mine as supplied, ie unadjusted as I cant tell yet whether its level or not due being in the garage.  

I'll upload some pictures shortly before and after.  

As I've said before my MOT station commented on how good the light pattern was unlike the others they had seen. I've used the standard set up.

Its typical of Dave Gemzoe he wont sell anything without doing his research and making sure they work and work properly. Yes you can often by cheaper but I doubt they are better.

That's why I have no worries about recommending items/ services he offers .

• 1 month later...

I've just fitted my Dave Gemzoe led head light bulbs and the difference they make is truly like night and day. 

Im really pleased with the results. 

The led and driver body easily fit inside my 5 3/4 headlight bowls and as #37 TomB uploaded image shows they have adjustment to ensure the led is upright inside the headlight bowl by means of rotating the led bulb and driver in the holder,the part with the three flats you can only fit a certain way,I'm sure you know what I mean by that if you look at #37.

And while fitting them I took the chance to clean up the inside of the headlight glass and the reflectors  *thumb_up* looks fresh and up to date.