Click here if you are having website access problems ×

CSR tyre pressures?

finmac

I've had nearly 10 years of running with the standard 24/23 set up on CR500s, mostly touring 2 up with reasonable luggage, so not lightweight. Those pressures set cold. Dropped down to 18 all round for trackdays and occasional solo lightweight runs. Tyres have always worn quite evenly in my case. Need to switch to the ZZS set up during the winter, interested to see how they feel.

David - haha. Yes I did wonder but tbh the cars never been touched at all and just generates good comments. It was living inside my locked trailer in a locked palisade fence/24/7 security camera compound with a full time security guard a lot of the time though!

Now moved out of the  city to Kilmacolm and there’s plenty flash motors (your Aston would fit in well!) here so the CSR  will be well down the pecking order! 

Now that's what I call security *thumb_up*

Apologies for hijacking the thread but on the subject of CSR tyres I have a pal traveling to Stornoway in his CSR but is presently stuck at Lochboisdale, South Uist due to remarkable rear tyre damage.  I have boxed up my spare rear CR500 and waiting for Parcelforce 24 to collect and deliver to him by tomorrow.  The damage is quite remarkable, it looks like something has scraped and damaged the outer wall but left some intermittent ridges and all the holes seem to go inwards.  The wheel rim seems undamaged.  I just can't begin to guess at what has caused such damage.  I wonder if there is a Q spec'd DB5 on the island licensed to shred *eek*

David

tyre.jpg.5bb50e4ae2890e17c92b725360df69e3.jpg

I just can't begin to guess at what has caused such damage.

Extraordinary damage.  It almost looks as though the tyre has run against something with regular sharp edges, and for at least a full circumference of the wheel.   It would need to have been a minimum of about six feet long, with "edges" about 2-3 inches apart.  Something like a damaged cattle grid, perhaps? 

JV

Yes it is puzzling as to what caused the damage, when he phoned me at lunchtime on Tuesday he had just driven off the ferry at Lochboisdale but said he first noticed the problem when reversing up in a car park.  The replacement tyre should be with him today and hopefully he can get the ferry to Mallaig tomorrow and meet up with us at No. 7 Bistro, Grantown as arranged.  I can then get more information from him.

I have to agree with the two comments above, it must have been something no higher than 3-4" from the ground because there is no damage to the rim or wing but it is  still puzzling as to why it didn't damage the front tyre also?  He couldn't have driven far  from ferry to car park so it is surprising that he didn't hear or feel the impact?