Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Windproof jacket

Alan Archer

Go to Cotswold Outdoor in St Mary Cray. Your L7C card gets a 15% discount ... but not on sale prices. Big choice. I have a super lightweight windproof top from Rab. Also windproof fleeces from Paramo and Rohan. Alternative store is Go Outdoors at Lakeside. Buy one year membership for about £5 to get the discounted prices in store. Huge range too.

• Area Representative
I have been using a previous generation of Club soft-shell jacket and it certainly windproof. It's fairly lightweight (but won't crush into a pocket), for me it's far too windproof for summer (I'll sweat underneath in the sun) as there isn't sufficient ventilation. Great for autumn, winter with layers underneath and spring and as tough as you like.

Soft-shell are fabulous value, tough and shrug off creases when you pull them out from the corner it got shoved in. This is why they have become popular quickly. They may not be Goretex level waterproof but I find that Goretex isn't particularly effective in a Seven because of the effect of the seatbelts.

Yes, thanks Ian, I will try and cheer you up sometime as well. It was only the wire spring that had come out from behind the webbing, took 5 seconds to rectify, wrecked a £300 jacket *mad* 

I have been looking at the JW stuff along with all the others. 

• Area Representative
Check the diary for where the ESV will be. At Dunsfold on 2 July, at Silverstone Classic 29, 30,31 July. Are you going to either of these events?

The current range is low on stock because there will be a new range for 2017 (details to be decided).