Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Are cylinder heads dishwasher safe?

Birkin S3 ZA.

I've seen this recommended in many magazines although not sure what detergent you use.

As Tim says just make sure either you clear it with the wife, or better still, wait until she's out before you do it and say nothing *tongue*. An old machine would be even better.

Giles

Dishwasher is childs play when it comes to upsetting SWMBO........you just switch it off when she arrives home *thumbup*

However I was gripped with my Lotus Twink camcover baking in the oven at Gas Mark 5 after I'd crackle painted it. She arrived home unexpectedly and the bollocking lasted for a week 😬

Funny this should come up today. Im fed up with greasy tool & sockets after too much use with grimy hand/ gloves, and was wondering when I finish the car after a winter of spannering, whether I could put my sockets in a colander and into the dishwasher.

Well that’s ruined it……… ☹️ leaks water from the seals, lots of oily smelly streaks down the sides. Some bits fell off, probably make funny noises the next time it’s used. So now I will have to buy the wife a new one for Valentine’s Day.

I will go all out and buy her a new Cosworth head 😬 😬 LOL

Burke in the Burkin.