Click here if you are having website access problems ×

How to make a louder beep when the indicator is on?

wingnutLP

One of the R300's I test drove had a VERY loud beep when the indicator was on which whilst annoying in traffic I now think would be very helpful. As hard as I try to remember I often find I forget to turn the e indicator off which must piss off other road users and is probably quite dangerous!

Any suggestions for the easiest way to add a loud beeper that goes off with the indicator? Mine has one but it is too quiet to hear once moving and the pathetic led on speedo doesn't do the trick.

Wicked, thanks :)

I had a redline shift beeper that i fitted to my S2000 and it was so loud I had to cover it with tape so as I didn't scare new pasangers to death. Thay all thought it was an alarm to tell me the engine was about to tear itself appart as you reached the 9000 rpm red line! *cool*

If everything else fails then you could make a simple unit out of an additional buzzer and two diodes. Once made all you would need to do is pull off the left and right indicator spades off the switch and connect the gizmo in line along with a earth. Theres a wiring diagram on the club site somewhere.

Jason

Had a 7 for 13 years and never really had a problem with this. No buzzer, just a green LED. You just get used to cancelling them. Yes, I ocassionally forget, but better that than wanting to reach under the dash to rip out the loom every time the damn thing fires off.

For me it would be as annoying as that bloody womans voice on the self checkout tills at B&Q. Every time hear it, I just want to kill her *mad*

I have fitted a buzzer to mine that has a delay so that for most occasions you do not get the audible warning, but for that odd occasion when you forget to cancel then it builds to a very audible intermitent buzzing.

It was designed fitting to a motorbike so a quick google ought to find it.

I have had the car and still forget. The seat is lowered and I am only 5 11 so I am quite low in the car and the left indicator particurlaly isn't visible.

Lets hope that there is tape over the beeper unit and removing hat fixes it. If not then Rogers motorbike beeper sounds like the way forward.

• 5 years later...

I have just fitted this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MOTORBIKE-INDICATOR-WARNING-BUZZER-ADJUSTABLE-DELAY-0-20-FLASHES-A-MUST-HAVE-/250892629724?hash=item3a6a5db6dc:m:moXkIJ9iLALJY-PSeCySPdw

The buzzer never worked on my Seven, and the one I fitted really annoyed me. With this unit, I have set the buzzer to come on after 18 flashes, so at 95% of turns it stays silent and the buzzer only comes on if I forget to cancel.              

It does come on when waiting for a while, and takes a few seconds to reset, so buzzes when two turns are very close together. I am very pleased with it, and it was quick to fit using piggy back spade terminals on the indicator switch and the nearest earth.         

Duncan

Yes, the unit is an electronic timer with adjustment screw. The red wires connect to the right and left indicator cables, so whenever either (or both for hazard) is switched on, the timer starts and when it finishes, it allows current to pass to the buzzer and on to common earth lead.

• 5 weeks later...

delayed above buzzer sounds great.

I bought two buzzers from Halfords and fitted to my switch - now having had to make my R500 silent I use the indicator buzzer to warn traffic of my approach... 

(two because they are +/- sensitive. I expect someone will be along to explain. Cost was a few pence and a few minutes to fit in the Halfords car park)

Sorry to high jack  but just taken my rev counter out to locate wires for change up light and one of the diodes has broken off from the connector not leaving enough to reconnect, other than the green light not flashing in the display and no audible beep everything seems fine, will this cause any issues? Indicators still work.