Click here if you are having website access problems ×

LED Rear lights

Petrolhead

While loking for a LED High Level Brake Lights I came accross these LED replacement bulbs here

Any good?

On the subject of hight level lights I see Car Builder do some 48 LED strips, do you thing No More Nails would be OK the glue it to the back of the top bar of my roll cage?

-----

My site-----

Edited by - petrolhead on 8 Nov 2009 13:29:10

Although expensive, the SVC LED units are excellent (Rob Grigbsy has them). The only problemette is that the mount for them is a bit ugly and not in keeping with a Caterham.

Fortunately, they're almost exact visual replicas of the rear lights on my Westie, so I might fit a set to that 😬

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Ecosse™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

Can you advise contact details please ?

edit ... in response to the top post above ... I used a bead a black silicone sealant either side of the high level brake light unit I attached under the roll bar. Held it in place with masking tape while the sealant cured.

Edited by - Stationary M25 Traveller on 8 Nov 2009 18:45:33

Myles, I was not thinking of replaing the lights and light block.

Johnty, I forgotten about Adams light. Will post on Tour7

Sm25T I will get more info re rear leds replacements. From memory this was a circuit board that replaces the stop/tail bulbs

So, did you use the same Car Building light unit here?

-----

My site-----

I bought the LED bulbs from seven tweeks, not sure why they are Illegal? I don't think its possible to buy them legally!! I doubt anyone would know and I think the clear R500 lenses are illegal anyhow. Does anyone know of legal offset stop tail LEDS? the biggest problem I find with the LEDS especially with clear clusters ( and I've noticed this on Passats and Range Rover fitted with similar) that you can't see them in the sunlight!!

C7 WEA 1.6K DVA Power

I have the 7Tweeks lenses and LED bulbs in my 7 - went straight through its MOT a couple of months ago without any issues and have had traffic police comment on the look of the car - not a single comment about not being legal.

Green/Yellow 2006 1.6K Roadsport SV

Doesn't worry me as I don't use them, my post was simply to make other club members aware that they are not street legal in the UK, and in the event if a rear end shunt you may find yourself in hot water....... as did a guy I know.

SVC do full replacement light which are approved though and should (i haven't tried yet) fit over the OE CC mounting holes, seem to rememenber they were £95 when I was looking at them at Stoneleigh.

Too young to be old !

Hmm, interesting. Do the bulbs really get an 'E' mark? The lens I can understand...

I've also easily passed an MoT with my boards installed, without a second glance. It would really be a shame if improving the woefully inadequate standrd trailer lights in this way was going to cause anyone problems. It means you've got more chance of actually being seen, which can only be a good thing, IMHO.

Thanks for the comment on my boards, Johnty. Strictly speaking, you don't need to solder to fit them - it's just that you were assembling your own! :-)

Adam.