Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Washer Bottle Location New Build SV Duratec

andrew_r

I have another simple question.

I have come to mount the washer bottle

According to the build manual the washer bottle mounts to the front of the passenger footbox. It shows a diagram of the front of the footbox and it's all vertical.

However there is only a small verticle section on the SV and by the time you allow for the bottle to slide up to remove the bracket is half in the air adjacent to the sloping lower part of the footbox.

Can anyone tell me where the correct place to mount it is and even better supply some photos.

Thanks again.

Andrew

Andrew,

I don't have any photos but the passenger footwell bulkhead is exactly where the washer bottle is supposed to go. On my Sigma SV the bottle is difficult enough to fill let alone remove. On a friends Duratec S3 it's impossible to fill without making a mess or using an adapted funnel.

Be Lucky!!

Martin

(Solent Se7ens) M7

Andrew,

If you riveted the bracket onto the footwell front (like the Assembly Guide says), you might well find that after a while the thin ally stretches and the bracket becomes loose (I did). I ended up drilling out the rivets (not easy in the cramped space) and replacing with bolts and wide washers.

JV

If you riveted the bracket onto the footwell front (like the Assembly Guide says), you might well find that after a while the thin ally stretches and the bracket becomes loose (I did). I ended up drilling out the rivets (not easy in the cramped space) and replacing with bolts and wide washers.

Good advice from John Vine, the rivets will eventually break so best to replace with small bolts as suggested

Blue7

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else

Blue's pics

Blue's vids

• 1 month later...

I've just hit the same issue here in my initial build stages. I've fitted it on the small vertical section with half the bracket hanging in free-space and it's pants! I may drill it out (for the second time!), plug the holes (second time!) and mount on the sloping panel now that I've seen this mentioned (but it will be a pig to fill as much lower down). The bracket is poor as the bottle will easily pop out when you go over a bump - so I think I need to get the mole wrenches out. Pity Caterham have chosen such a nasty bottle and bracket - I'm tempted to look for a stainless circular unit that can be dropped in from the top without fouling the chassis members.

Jeff

On my 2007 S3 (Arch chassis), I made a mount on the side of the heater housing, and fastened the washer bottle bracket to it. I was tight for space on the scuttle in any event, since I have an ali header tank and an ali overflow "burp" tank for the radiator also mounted on the scuttle, in front of the heater housing.

(Of course, if you don't have a heater, then just disregard all of the foregoing.....)

Alaskossie

Hi Alaskossie - do you have a pic - would like to see.

I felt creative and made an aluminum bracing bracket that rivets and bolts onto the sloping section and cradles the bottom of the bottle. Also attached velcro to the bottom of the bottle and on the brace.

Mentioned it to Caterham and the new official location on the SV is on the slope: Bracket mounts 55mm in from the RHS and 10mm down from the top of the slope panel.

J