Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Source of multi-way plugs/sockets for wiring loom???

Myles

You know the sort of thing - the plastic plugs/sockets used throughout the loom (e.g. for the headlamps, tail-lamps and fuel pump *mad*

I'm struggling to find a source. Specifically (well, initially) I want a set of the same ones used for the rear light assemblies - 4-way jobbies?

Project Scope-Creep is live...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

Myles: At risk of stating the obvious, have you tried Caterham? *smile* I bought a plug/socket/terminals kit back in 2004 after my rear wing was unceremoniously ripped off by a Mallory tyrewall (not my fault, but I would say that....). Cost was £2.00 + VAT. I think the part code is SOP, but don't quote me in case you finish up with a new R400 engine Mind you if it was only £2.00 I'm sure you wouldn't be too fussed...... *tongue*

HTH, Mark

Edited by - Mark Gregory on 28 Mar 2006 10:11:00

Alan - nice try here - sadly not the size or type I really want.

I did ask CC Parts. Unfortunately, they don't stock the connectors on their own. They (Darren I think) said that they could contact the manufacturer - but obviously this would take time.

When I bought some for the injection conversion back in 2002, I used

Dalroad Distribution Ltd - WWW.Dalroad.com.

You have to buy all the parts separately, housing, pins, seals, tabs etc. but, from memory I emailed them what I wanted in in terms of "two 4 way econoseal connectors" and they emailed back with the exact part codes I needed and prices. At that time ordering was by fax - no web shop but they were happy to sell me one or two of this and that.

Ian

Paul W - I'll probably go for the same.

Jorgen - a useful site, but they don't appear to do the 4-way Tyco/Amp connectors - 3-way 'minitimer' at best

Andyh - we've checked out VWP earlier - they do the connectors Paul W is after and also do a variety of other multi-ways - but nothing comparable to the holy grail... ☹️

Myles,

Caterham harnesses are (or at least were) made by MES in warwick here.

I popped in and bought a bag of assorted connectors, shells and pins for a tenner. They seemed quite amenable to the odd personal caller, provided you wanted to buy a reasonable amount. Was interesting to see the layout boards they use for constructing the harnesses.