Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Battery Conditioner

A10ROX

Been using the one from Caterham for the last year and a half or so, since I killed my battery. I bought a nice plug and socket and mounted it just below the handbrake - well if you have it in the proper place wink.gif - so plug in when ever I am not out in it.

It has been briliant and it used to surprise me just how easy it was to start the car with a fully charged battery - used to catch on the first revolution!

If I parked my boring car in the garage I'd have one on that too - really are worth the investment.

Phil Waters

1600 X/flow - soon to be 2000 Zetec wink.gif

K16,

Pop up the road to Carnells in (Deritend) Birmingham. They are selling the Oxford battery conditioner in their sale for £28. They also stock the Optimate for around £38. Cheaper than I have seen elsewhere and near the NEC of course.

Steve B

Peter C.

Race Technology eh? I had to smile.gif as they are the same unit as some of the electric w/chair chargers!!!

Tony I.

If your Gunson one is the red cased type with a couple of rocker switches (fot 100% charge & permanent float etc) then keep fingers crossed. I had one go U/S after two days and the replacement packed up at thirteen months old. Damn! (yes, Argos before you ask).

Sorry to admit it, but this is my first delve into Blatchat! Coincidently I am just looking at the Airflow battery conditioner as a possible birthday presy. I now know that at least one 7 owner has used one successfully, so I will boldly go....

Geoff W

H7 CAT

No,there is no need to disconnect the battery

I've got the airflow,and I leave it on all winter,no problem!It also tells you the battery condition when you unplug from the mains.What a lot of people do is fit some sort of socket wired from the battery onto the dash so there is no need to remove the bonnet to connect to the battery!

Cheers John.

C7 POW

I have just acquired an airflow conditiner and its fine. However, I have been planning to fit a cigar lighter to make the use of it as simple as possible, as well as to keep the phone charged. However, am I right in thinking that I may be wasting my time as the banner battery cell covers still need to be loosened to accommodate escape of hydrogen, as with a normal battery charger? When the time comes for a new battery, am I better off getting a sealed one?

Steve

Steve - your Airflow should come with interchangeable crocodile clips and fly leads. You can connect the flyleads direct to the battery terminals and run them up through the grommet in front of the gearstick and secure them behind the dashboard out of site. When you park the car in the garage connect the Airflow to the flyleads without removing the bonnet.

As it's only a trickle charger/conditioner you do not need to vent the battery.

The flyleads won't be quite long enough to reach from the battery to dashboard, but you can extend them with some 5A wire.

Slarty Blat Fasttongue.gif