Click here if you are having website access problems ×

New batch of billet mirror mounts

R400svn

On 30/01/2024 at 21:25, PlastererPete said:

Sorry to hijack the thread, but what are those nuts on the base of the Spa mirrors? Mine tightened up from behind the base and are always sagging down. 

They are sold by DPR and make sure that you can adjust the SPA mirror without having to get behind the SPA mirror bracket - well worth using! See the post before this one by rs2ph.

Edited by David_Stamp
  • Like 1

Got around to fitting my kit today. Superb quality, really pleased with it. I also fitted the DPR adapters too.

Have to say the improvement in viewing angle from the convex mirrors is great too. The old standard mirrors were pretty useless.

20240204_131440.thumb.jpg.0963f43437564177394e5a1a395de1e6.jpg

20240204_142055.thumb.jpg.0b4c100961a7501056b6e33c6549ea6f.jpg

On 30/01/2024 at 22:40, lapsedtheorist said:

@R400svn thanks a lot for sorting all this, mine arrived today and are on the car now, looking awesome. Just under 200 miles on the odometer and really starting to look the part now. Lovin’ the supercar doors as well!

IMG_4922.jpeg

Mounts look great, I have a set of them ready to install.

(On a side note) Is this the Arancio Argos colour? Whatever it is, it looks really neat with all that black aswell. Would it also suit a double white stripe do you think?

Edited by Brownmonster

2 hours ago, Brownmonster said:

(On a side note) Is this the Arancio Argos colour?

It looks like Ballistic Orange to me… which what my car was when I built it.

It was then reskinned and I went for Arancio Argos (before it became a Caterham colour):IMG_1678.thumb.jpeg.b4dcb04aa9714b6fceda98fc89025f3e.jpeg

7 minutes ago, JAL73 said:

that’s a very clever adaption of a windscreen to make it an aero(ish) kind of screen!
Would love to know how they managed to cut the glass with a smooth curve and make it safe

I think there would be a definite interest in a batch of that type of short screen - low volume but worth considering.

1 hour ago, BigCol said:

It looks like Ballistic Orange to me… which what my car was when I built it.

It was then reskinned and I went for Arancio Argos (before it became a Caterham colour):IMG_1678.thumb.jpeg.b4dcb04aa9714b6fceda98fc89025f3e.jpeg

Wow, that looks like exocet red, cameras do crazy things! 

2 hours ago, Brownmonster said:

Wow, that looks like exocet red, cameras do crazy things! 

It’s like a slightly under-ripe tomato… red but very much an orangey-red!  In the sun, as in the photo, it does “zing red”.

It’s a Lamborghini colour.

6 hours ago, Brownmonster said:

Mounts look great, I have a set of them ready to install.

(On a side note) Is this the Arancio Argos colour? Whatever it is, it looks really neat with all that black aswell. Would it also suit a double white stripe do you think?

Yeah, mine’s Arancio Argos. Thanks for the compliment. Looks awesome IMO, sort of a burnt orange and something the white balance on phone cameras really seems to struggle with! It’s definitely orange in the real, and not red.

Dunno how well it would work with white - I suggest it might if you carried the white through the rest of the car (rollbar, windscreen surround, mirrors, etc, or maybe a chrome/white combo?!?)

3 minutes ago, lapsedtheorist said:

Yeah, mine’s Arancio Argos. Thanks for the compliment. Looks awesome IMO, sort of a burnt orange and something the white balance on phone cameras really seems to struggle with! It’s definitely orange in the real, and not red.

Interesting…. mine’s more red than orange but more orange than red… 😲

Maybe as mine was Lamborghini Arancio Argos mixed/sprayed by Tony the Brush rather than Caterham Arancio Argos… 🤷🏻‍♂️

Either way, we agree that it’s awesome!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, David_Stamp said:

I think there would be a definite interest in a batch of that type of short screen - low volume but worth considering.

Sorry, the nice bloke who did my screen is of the opinion that this is the third and last one he’ll make.  The time/effort involved does not make others financially viable.

The stanchions are custom (different angle/dangle to the norm) and the base is from a standard windbreak to match the scuttle profile.  The screen is then toughened glass to his custom template.  Sounds easy eh?

13 minutes ago, BigCol said:

Either way, we agree that it’s awesome!

Doh! 🤦🏻‍♂️

I mistakenly thought the initial colour question referred to @Skipper555’s photo rather than @lapsedtheorist’s.

Allowing for the vagaries of iPhone cameras’ colouring, they do look similar!

Edited by BigCol

Still waiting on my Spa mirrors to arrive before fitting....can't wait! One question to those who have already done.....what have you used to "plug" the holes left in the doors upon removal of the standard mirrors? Any recos, links to product etc. gratefully received! Means I can go and get something ahead of the mirrors arriving. Thanks!!