Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Upgrade

Beagler

Thanks Toughie. Have fitted 4 pot calipers and vented discs with uprated master cylinder. Recent Mot guy was impressed with their performance. Has 13 in wheels. Dont go out in the wet plenty of sunny days last year, hoping for more this year.

I have never understood why people spend (big) money on 4 pot calipers and vented discs on a standard road car, waste of money in my opinion. I use my car mainly for track days not much road work, have 208bhp and the standard 2 pot brakes are more than adequate, many race series still use them. 

#33 I'm not sure you can stop people continuing to comment, however. *smile*  Mind you, you're always free to ignore them.

#27 I agree. I think it's more of a marketing tool. The only reason I have the 4-pots on my R400D is because they were in the basic spec.  I didn't choose to have them.

JV

There's a few things that I'd term 'soft performance' upgrades that I wouldn't be without - LED rear lights to replace the awful standard lights, a high level brake light, good tyres, battery cut off key, a properly loud horn. Non of these will make the car faster, but well worth doing. 

• Leadership Team

'Course, we could reduce the overall weight of the car, AND save money, by eating and drinking less. *burger* *drink*

As for being ignored, I've had a great deal of training in that, having been married for over forty years. *boxedin*