Click here if you are having website access problems ×

CaterhamParts.co.uk - Ask an Expert ?

heptagon

Anyone used this on the Caterham website? I tried and got absolutely no response from Caterham, so is the Ask An Expert a waste of time or was I just unlucky?

BTW Caterham the information quality available on the parts website is woeful, hence me needing to clarify something by trying to ask *irked*

@Wrightpayne - I was thinking I should have just asked here *rofl*

I'm looking for the correct fitting kit for lowered Tillett seats and how long the bolts are as standard as I want to try tilting the seat, my current bolts are cut  down to improve ground clearance 

If your using adjustable seat runner you are best doing a small modification and weld plain nuts inside the runners hence making them captive, you can then use hex machine screw clearance is good getting the seats in and out is easy.

You can buy packs of Tillet seat washer (big plastic ones) on fleabay or many places like DT etc 

Worth bearing in mind if your pretty tall the more you recline your seat to the more your hips move forward as the headrest touches the bulkhead - you may find you then need to alter the pedal position a touch.

• 2 weeks later...

#13 looks like the previous owner (?) has welded in the standard cap heads so you can sit the seat in place through the holes and put the nuts on below? 

But if they're the runner through floor bolts they're not where you should be putting the spacers and longer bolts. They should go through the other part of the runner into the seat. No advantage welding them in place. But I'm sure you know that! 

I thought it better to weld in place nuts then use c/s sockets and taper washers up from below. Slightly more tricky to locate the seat, but still easy, and much neater from below:

77F8B80E-5274-4D85-B95F-F20E94939C10.thumb.jpeg.e84ecf15ace7643941ad055604b8397f.jpeg

• Leadership Team

#14 - I previously had socket set screws inserted from below but after a number of brushes with speed bumps etc I found I could no longer insert a hex key to remove the bolts! I swapped them to normal hex-head bolts which after a few scrapes can easily be cleaned up to take a socket. 

Very tidy install though.

Stu.

#14 yes agreed, they drop through the floor and have nylock nuts and washers on the underside. Nice reverse install on yours.

And yes the hex bolts then go through the runners and up into the Tilletts but as they're only 25mm they won't accomodate many spacers to tilt the seat back at present. 

• Leadership Team

My Tilletts are tilted back with 30mm of additional spacers at the front, between the seats and the runners.
If you have lowered floors and add spacers under the runner itself, you're likely to have difficulty with the seat adjustment lever fouling the chassis cross member.

Stu.