Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Unusual sightings

Golf Juliet Tango

Write up in Motorsport this month on Sterling's car, being driven around Goodwood. Car is used any day unless there's salt on the roads. It is a bit like Triggers Broom although the carbs are the original ones as i think are bits like steering wheel, seat frames etc. Body work is not and neither is the engine but hey I wouldn't say no. My favourire car of all time. You can have a DK enfineering SWB for a mere £800000 which is a bargain against an original.

Yesterday I saw two Caterham 21s, thanks to a huge mistake.  Upon leaving Manchester shortly after 9:00 a.m. to attend the PENN 7s monthly meeting, I inadvertently selected the wrong entry from my many pre-entered destinations in Google Maps, and was headed towards Carlisle.  About 30 or 40 minutes into the journey, the sun appeared, and I noticed it was on the wrong side of the car.  Oops!

I made it there safely, but a bit over 2 hours later than I had intended, and profoundly embarrassed.  On the way, just around Birmingham airport on the opposite (north-bound) side of the M42 I saw a silver 21.  Then upon arrival at The Squirrel, I saw GJT's green 21 parked out front.  Quite a rarity, I'd imagine!

I saw a Wiesmann a few years ago, also German registered, parked outside a hotel on the Isle of Skye. I didn't get to hear it, sadly.

The military vehicle is an Alvis Stalwart, I believe. I only know because there's a chap on Pistonheads who is bravely restoring one!

There are three ways of posting images: two by uploading them to this site, and one by linking to them on another site eg Dropbox. They're all described in the Forum User Guide:
https://www.lotus7.club/forum/chitchat/forum-user-guide

Most Members now use the shortcut upload, as in the previous post:
https://www.lotus7.club/comment/2252151#comment-2252151
That's quick and comparatively easy, but it does limit the resolution of the image. Not usually a problem for photos but can be for screen dumps, images of documents etc.

The other two methods don't have that limitation.

Please let me know if you need any help or want to practise.

Jonathan

Thank you Jonathan, having read your messages about this elsewhere I did try to do as you said.  I think that as a builder and joiner I must just accept that this modern technology is beyond me. It is one of the reasons that I enjoy the Caterham so much.