Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Introduction to Castle Combe 2021 Track Day - YouTube

Purplemeanie

• Area Representative

Hi All,

just a quick note to say there's a new club video up on YouTube. It's an introduction to this year's Castle Combe Track Day along with what to expect at a club Novices Track day. All participants of the event have been sent an email that includes a link to the video but I thought it might be of interest to all members. We're hoping to do videos for other track days through the year - I can't promise we can manage to do all of them, but we're planning on doing at least a few. It also serves as another example of what we'll be doing more of with YouTube.

Here's some of what Simon wrote:

We have put together a short video which amongst other things, introduces the Club Trackday Organising Team,  so you will know who to talk to on the day if you need anything. The video also talks about our Club trackdays and in particular focuses on Castle Combe. It tells you where everything is at Castle Combe and shows you a lap of the circuit at a previous Club trackday at Combe.

Follow this link to view the video. 

As always, any questions then please reply to this thread, send me a DM or email to socialvideo@lotus7.club.

Simon can be reached on trackdays@lotus7.club

John

Great introductory video - I wish I'd booked. I did 10 track days at Castle Combe in my Elise, but I've not done any yet in my 310R. I was waiting to see how things worked out with the pandemic first, but of course both Castle Combe days (and also the Brands Hatch day) are now fully booked *frown*

I'm now hoping Williams might be running their charity track day at Castle Combe later this year. I'll inquire on the 21st when my car goes on for its first annual service...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Area Representative

#11 Thanks Tony. There's always something I get wrong! *banghead* . I watched the video many times to check for errors but that process is of course predicated on the assumption that I can spell :-)

There's another Easter Egg error in that video that I don't think anyone has found yet - at least they haven't told me or made their find public to my knowledge. I only found it last week while working on the next Caldwell Park video.

Unfortunately, YouTube doesn't allow me to replace a video with a "fixed" version, so it (and the "screwtanear") will have to stay and I'll update the video description - it's not a critical problem I don't think, but it is another mistake.

I'll update you all here in a few days, on what I got wrong, once you've had a chance to debate it *blabla*

Now I've done it... I've baited you all to find countless problems now!

John

• Area Representative

You've all had a couple of days to find my other error. And the answer is:

For those of you familiar with all the UK circuits, you will notice that the aerial maps of Cadwell and Croft are switched around at 0:32 into the video.

I'll put a sticky comment into the YouTube video to tell people of the error.

John