Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Jackwebb motorsport big brakes

K7 VCT

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thirded! I replaced my standard two pot cast iron Girling callipers with the 4 pot HiSpec calliper. I wasn’t particularly looking for more braking, but what attracted me was the 2kg unsprung weight saving on each side of the car. I retained the standard brake disc and for road use it’s perfect. I haven’t tracked it since I did the conversion. Opinion has it that the big brakes aren’t really needed on the road. 

Interesting to see Hispec getting a mention.

Im sure I read recently, HiSpec calipers didnt have anough meat in the caliper and could flex and thus be no better than stock.

I tracked a Fury9R with HS radial calipers, and the brakes on that were megam so I did consider them an option for my 7 , until I read the comments mentioned.

Anyone actually link to which caliper from HS they are using and also mention which pads and std or AP Master ?

TIA !

Hispec Ultralite 4

http://www.hispeccalipers.co.uk/ultralite-4.html

I’ve got these on standard front discs, with standard rear. I had heard the tales of flexing, but this appeared to be heavy track use. The guy I bought them off hill climbed, so he was full speed then standing on the brakes., with non on the tapering or moderation of the brakes. I think he mentioned something about flexing, but in my road use, I’ve not had any problems. Mine are also an older version, and I suspect they have beefed up the design.

I was attracted to them by the unsprung weight saving - they weight a third of the standard Triumph cast iron callipers, coupled with fitting CR500 tyres at the same time, the reduction in weight was noticeable. The car felt lighter, more nimble at the front and less crashy on bumps, potholes etc. 

I think the product is good, but I’ve heard variable reviews in dealing direct with HiSpec. You may be best going through another supplier who can have the headache of dealing with HSpec on your behalf.