Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Anyone have a Proper Popper Fitting tool? SORTED

Tazio

Does anyone have a proper popper installation tool that i can beg or borrow for a couple of days rather than the cup and anvil thingy Caterham provide?.

Happy to pay postage and give a donation to dementia appeal.

Alan

The proper tool for this is the Pres-N-Snap but they are rather pricey at c£180 each so not really the sort of thing many of us would buy for occasional use.  There is a crimping tool offered by ScottR400D in the 'equipment for loan register' for poppers which could be what you need. 

Just a suggestion but given the cost of the genuine article I do wonder if the club could buy one for loan via the same register.  Having used one (not mine sadly) I can vouch for the fact that it's easily the most reliable and effective means of fitting hood and boot cover poppers.  

Ezzer

Actually the one I have is the Press n Snap. It was expensive but does work well. 

Unfortunately I don’t have it at the moment it’s with another member, from my local region. I’m not sure when he’ll be finished with it, but do know he’s away skiing just now. 

Its the Press and Snap one that I've seen Oxted use, so simple and effective .  Wish we had one !

I have found a company, J Clarke Marine who hire one out for £25 for 2 weeks. (plus a deposit of £189.......)