Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Sold out, done and dusted! Silverstone GP Circuit - Track Day on Monday 27th March

Shortshift

• 2 weeks later...

I am booked in.  I will be driving down the night before with the 7 on a trailer, rather than facing the M1 on a Monday morning, and it seems like the best place to camp for the night is the Dadford road campsite, but if anyone has a better idea for secure parking with a trailer, just let me know.

Cant wait to get there!

• 2 weeks later...

Instructions for the day just received on email, and will probably join for the curry the night before, assuming I can park there easily with a trailer, but that might be a challenge.

Planning to sleep in the tow car on the Sunday night as I am too scared to leave the car on a trailer overnight on its own! 

• Leadership Team

The Silverstone GP Circuit track day on Monday 27th March is now open for booking. 

The day is being run by our friends at "MGs on Track" and we have arranged with them for Club-exclusive sessions to run through the day, operating for twenty minutes every hour.

Because the format of the day will allow Club members on circuit at any time during our allocated sessions, irrespective of experience or ability, the event is not suitable for novice or first-time circuit drivers.  You should therefore be at intermediate or advanced level to participate.  For this reason, we will not be operating our ‘Buddy System’ at this event.

Cars must comply with a noise limit of 105dB (static) and 102bB (drive-by) and free coaching from qualified ARDS instructors will be available by booking on a 'first come first served' basis on the day.  We are also planning a pre-event social get-together (most likely a drink and meal) for the evening of Sunday 26th March.

Looking at the pricing being charged by MGoT and LoT, and taking into account our free-instruction and our other costs, we have priced participation in the Club sessions at £210 for a car and main driver.  Additional drivers (who must be Club members) will cost £25 and passengers are free of charge.

Further detail, with links to the Booking Form and other important documentation, is contained in the relevant calendar entry in the "What's On" section of the web site; a link to the page is here.  Because we are not yet ready to take track day bookings online, you will need to contact Sam in the Club Office to confirm your place.

This should be a great event with which to launch our 2017 season!

James

• Leadership Team

The limit on the number of cars allowed on the GP circuit is set at 60...

We have decided on a maximum of 48, plus the Caterham Cars 'hot laps' 620, so comfortably within limits.

I guess the first few minutes of the first session might be a bit tight, and I'd urge everyone to recognise that there will be seven sessions through the day, so plenty of time and (if everyone is sensible) plenty of space too.

Looking forward to this event kicking off the 2017 season in style.  Even the weather looks to be good!

James

Silverstone pit lane marshals are good at sending cars out at intervals it's really only the first session which starts behind a course car where it might be a bit busy but a drive through the pit lane can create a decent amount of space without loosing much track time.

on the question of car numbers its really about cars per mile. A comfortable number on Brands Indy is 24. Combe is limited by noise and 12 is very sparse. Silverstone is Mahoosiv so there is plenty of room for 50 cars, far fewer per mile than Brands.

It'll be great fun.

tim