Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Carbon cycle wing suppliers

timbo

Anyone advise who can supply carbon front cycle wings?  

Carbon mods are not making these anymore and Ultimate Carbon have not replied to an email enquiry I sent. 

The MOG wings are carbon layered on glass fibre so not interested in those.

Thanks

Timbo

i've a pair of RIF ones that are surplus to requirements, bought them from here about 2 Months ago but I'm going a different route now. They're new and unftted, marked as slight seconds, although I can't see why, there's the odd light scratch, let me know if interested

I can vouch for the niceness of F355GTS's RiF wings... *laugh*

I can also second Grubbster's suggestion for Ultimate Carbon; I've just received a pair of these too.

The RiF ones have a high gloss finish, the UC ones are rather more matt. The "build" (layup) quality looks really good and they're available in different sizes for 13/14 or 15/16" wheels. Delivery time was just over 4 weeks from order, which is apparently normal, so be prepared for that.

http://www.ultimatecarbon.co.uk/products-page/caterham/

What is the size difference between the 13/14 and 15/16 wings?  I have 2 sets of wheels, 15" CR500's on Caterham 8 spokes and some 13" R888's on 13" rims and the overall diameter is within millimetres of each other so I don't get why the cycle wings are different, or am I missing something obvious?

From Bryn at UC:

The 15/16 wings "are the same as the longer size wings from caterham."

That said, I wasn't aware Caterham did two sizes...

I *think* the 15/16 wings are longer, i.e. wrap further around the wheel. Not sure though, best to drop Bryn at UC a mail. Be aware his replies can be a bit sporadic!

Has anyone any experience of the Carbon Fibre Rear wings as supplied by www.kitcardirect.co.uk

They are cheap (£250 pair) and I know you only get what you pay for, but could these be any kind of substitute for fitting Millwood Extended arch protectors if you have severe "gravel rash" ? and are looking for a cosmetic make-over pending having the existing wings painted by TSK.

My existing front wings are Pre Preg Carbon.

cat-rear-arch-1_2_.jpg.a5340c44181a661c388a69a495b567b6.jpg

Erngor, I'm pretty sure you'll find that the edges on those aren't carbon. If you look at the photos closely then the edges have no weave pattern. I think the description used to state something to this effect but it appears to have changed now. 

Having said all this I saw a pair of these on a car for sale at Sevens & Classics and they looked ok and for £250 a pair appear good value.

Graham. 

• 2 months later...