Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Brands Hatch Track Evening

Merrick Linnett

The date for the Brands Hatch Track Evening.

Tuesday 3rd June Brands Indy circuit.

Track Evening.

Open Pit Lane .

Free Track Driving Instruction on a first come, first served basis

£119.00

Please book directly with MSV as they are running the evening for the Club

http://www.msvtrackdays.com/lotus7

Phone 0843 453 3000

See you at Brands.

Merrick Linnett

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really want to do a track day but I struggling to pluck up the courage to take part (I know how sad this must sound). However as this date is also my b'day I think I should grow a pair and get on with it.

Apart from a helmet and insurance and having the car given a once over before hand, are there any 'must have' items I should be aware of? I would be driving my se7en to and from Brands so obviously not sticking it in a tyre wall is advantageous.

Thanks in advance

Jon

Jon, this evening is an excellent evening, I've done it a couple of times and will be there again. There will be some experienced drivers out there but there is usually a good number of first time/occasional track day drivers (myself included). A spare set of wheels with some old tyres is good but if you don't have these or can't get them there then just make sure you don't completely trash the ones you need to drive home on. Apart from that some coolant, oil etc is a good idea. The Dunsfold day will be just before this so if you haven't tried your car on track before that is a great way of doing it for the first time before you go on track proper.

Brands Hatch is a great circuit and I find an evening session is enough for me. Come along and enjoy it.

Graham.

Jon

You absolutely must do it! There's no better way into track days than via a club organised one. Especially the Indy circuit and the open pit lane format. Book yourself some tuition, it makes a huge difference.

Personally, I don't bother with insurance. Some do, some don't.

Tyre pressure gauge, foot pump and torque wrench for the wheels. Spare throttle and clutch cables maybe, a few tools, gaffer tape, electrical tape (for the headlights), camera, long sleeves and long trousers. That's pretty much it!

If you forget anything, other people are usually happy to lend things out.

Do it, you won't regret it!!!!

Booked - thanks for the words of encouragement and advice.

On the MSV website it was charging £25 for tuition, in this thread it states it as free on a first come basis. Is that first come on the day, or can I bagsy a place now?

Now that I have booked it I am getting quite excited!

Jon

I seem to remember paying £25 for my tuition last time, well worth it though if only for the extra confidence in going round (and down) Paddock!

Well done on booking it, you'll probably find you have a very sore face at the end of it from grinning so much *biggrin*

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have just booked into this, second track day in the Caterham at Brands, first with the club; I drive at your granny's pace, so will keep out of the way and look forward to improving.

Taken the training option for the same reason!

See you there.....

Merrick

what is the deal with instruction. Your original post said it was on a first come basis, but there was a option to pay on the MSV website. I would definitly like tuition so wondered what the best way to get it would be. I am happy to pay, but obviously not if I don't have to!

Jon

Quoting Merrick Linnett: 
Guy,

The Max MSV numbers for an Evening event is a lowly 40.

So plenty of Track Time.

Merrick

Thanks Merrick, I had read the thread about Chris's bad experience last August at Brands and didn't fancy any of the same.

Now booked and really looking forward to it *thumbup*

Guy

Like Jon, have just summoned up the courage to book my first track day in my 7. Have done a few track days before - but in other peoples cars 😬 Haven't driven Brands before either so decided to book up an instructor for a session.

Assume I'll have to remove the spare wheel and any other non essential weights?

Think I'm looking forward to it - so long as it's dry ... I'm on ZV3's 😳

Bob

I'm in a bog standard 1.8K series SV, no intention to set any lap records *nono* Are ZV3's really that bad, even in the dry? I appreciate they are pressure sensitive, but would have thought they were ok, especially as they were recommended/spec'd by CC.

On a separate topic - struggling to find a reasonable roll bar camera mount that has universal camera screw for my standard (non GoPro) digital camera - any suggestions?

Bob

You don't need to get new tyres the ones you have will be fine, especially as it's your first time there and in your car. You'll be going a bit slower as a consequence of less grip, which won't be a bad thing, IMHO