Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Help, please -- proper badge location

BBL

Now considering adding the blue and white "Caterham Cars; Caterham, England" badge to my car, mostly in an attempt to curtail some of the "what is it?" questions. I believe this badge should traditionally be affixed on the off-side wing, but am seeking advice on a more specific location, please.

*wavey*

REF:

http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/nn384/BBL-Sean/7%20Build%20Issues/CaterhamCarsBadge_zpsf13ecd62.jpg

Quoting John Vine: 
When you say off-side, I take it you mean the Californian variety? 😬

Specifically used that term because it applies universally, as I understand it. Near-side would be the curb side and off-side would be toward the middle of the road.

I think I'll put it on the left-hand side wing (driver's side for my LHD car), below and center-aligned w/ light cluster as advised. I have no fog light fitted, and both fuel filler and reverse light are located on the right-hand side, so I think it will look better on the left.

Rear of car as it looks now:

http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/nn384/BBL-Sean/Blats/2013-04-13_BigSurBlat2_zpsf18a0bc4.jpg

Thanks all for the replies and photos. *smile*

edit -- Piers: Thanks! Will reply soon, but no access to e-mail at the moment.

Edited by - BBL on 16 Jan 2014 23:32:02

Quoting myothercarsa2cv: 
P.s. Do you not need fog lights in CA?

No fog light required here, but reverse light is required.

I just realized that, even after thinking about it in advance, I still cocked up the near-side/off-side distinction in the first post. *mad* Yes John, I was thinking LHD off-side, but typed it as RHD off-side.

Thanks all for pointing out the proper traditional location. It's just so hard to add unnecessary weight!

Edited by - BBL on 17 Jan 2014 15:51:05