Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Banner battery

outnabout

After 8 years of no fuss my Banner battery has now given up, so I'm looking for a new one.

Having enquired about a direct replacement, I'm told that the Banner Starting Bull number 530-034-024 with bolt through terminals is no longer available and a round terminal one fitted with adaptors to enable the bolt type terminals to fit will do the job.

I'd prefer to find a bolt through type as this will do away with the need for terminal adaptors and the possible problem of fitting all that metal work under the bonnet.

Questions:

Is the banner one still available?

If yes, who can supply it?

If no, what are the alternatives?

Looking forward to your replies.

Kind regards

ChrisL

Eight years ! You have done well.

Consider a sealed battery like the RMD25. Look in Bulk Buys and find the thread from a few years ago. Hidden in there .... one page in from the end I recall, you will find details of a mail order supplier. Current price around £35-ish I think.

Half the size/weight/price of the Banner and no need to top it up ... ever.

Edited by - Stationary M25 Traveller on 15 Feb 2013 12:09:00

Quoting Pooh_R: 
I recently bought a banner 53084 from

Seven Speed

I'm sure it has through bolts rather than round pillars. *confused*. You've got me wondering.

It does indeed. *thumbup*

Have a chat with Carl at Seven Speed. He's the Joint AR for Penn Sevens, and will be able to answer all your questions and sort you out.

• 1 year later...

My local garage supplies Banner batteries. I phoned them one morning, it was not in stock but they had it delivered within 3 hours. They supplied me with a 530-034-030. Same physical size as the original 530-034-024, but 300A cranking instead of 240A. Carries a Banner UK part number 896. For future info they are: Station Rd Garage, Chipping Campden.