Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Which Harness

MBB

• Area Representative

Quick Release, but consider saving some money by getting non Caterham branded items.For Example

Edited to say that I have found the Caterham quick release harnesses to be very stiff and difficult to adjust.

Edited by - Paul Richards on 23 May 2011 19:15:50

If you can live without it saying Caterham, as above, Willans and Sabelt make harness' where the lap adjustment is from the buckle end rather than the mounted end, which is easier to adjust when you are sat in the car.

Or is that just me? as my ample width fills the cockpit *cool*

I have the Road harnesses as the quick release are not legal in France.

I wish I had my old quick release ones, as they are a pain to get into, and you almost have to adjust them everytime, to ensure they are fitted correctly.

I recently swapped to the Titon harness from 7tips, a lot cheaper than CC, the QR buckle is smaller, and the belts very comfortable here

Edit to add - they don't come with fixing bolts though so you'd need to source these, they do have the stepped spacers.

Edited by - Grubbster on 23 May 2011 21:07:02

• 1 month later...
Personally, I would always get a 6 point harness. If you really don't want to you needn't use the crutch straps, but I tend to and don't find it uncomfortable. It really holds you into the seat well. Admittedly I race and track a lot, but I had the same when I was mostly on the road. I have a Scrhoth Hans specific 6 pointer that one of the dealers does for the Caterham (ie it has the right lengths and mountings on it. Not cheap, but very good.

• Area Representative

Quoting davedlr: 
If you can live without it saying Caterham, as above, Willans and Sabelt make harness' where the lap adjustment is from the buckle end rather than the mounted end, which is easier to adjust when you are sat in the car.

I remember asking about this - it appears so obvious that the adjustment should be easy to do once seated in the car and the Caterham ones adjust somewhere utterly inaccesible behind the tillet (or S-type). I thought that the adjustment should be on the bit which plus into the buckle - this would reduce the irnmongery. I don't want hard metal bits resting on my iliac crests.

I was told that having the adjustment on the buckle was not FIA compliant.