Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Toyo tyres in cold weather

andy couchman

I've heard that Toyo 888s don't like temeratures below 0 degs Celsius. Anyone any actual experience? Is the problem with cars being used on the road below freezing or in a garage below freezing or outside below freezing? Or only way below freezing?

Don't want to buy a new set only to find that come Spring, they have to be thrown away...

Thanks.

Andy

My Caterham lives outside and has run 888s for years. No probs with 'storage' issues in the cold or otherwise. I've never bothered to change the pressure specifically for storage either.

As posted above, the can be pretty-slippy in the cold & greasiness of winter roads, but so do most.

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Ecosse™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

Living in one of the cooler parts of the country I was also concerned by the warning stickers on the tyre. However, mine lives outside most of the time and has no problems. Also I find the grip amazing in the wet!

I guess if left to stand in freezing conditions for a long period of time there might be a problem. So drive it everyday!!

Beaulieu #28

The length of the word matched the length of time it finally took to hit the dry stone wall. It was definitely bad, but could have been a whole lot worse.

NE Area Rep

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got to use my 888's at a very wet Lydden for our last race meet of the season.

Was very pleasantly surprised at how good they were (got to race with people on full wets who are over a second quicker in the dry) given it was a gamble-have CR22's for wet use usually, but the 888's were 1.5 sec faster *thumbup*

WRT storage: these tyres were stored in my unheated garage (off-rims) over the whole of last winter.

So, first impression is really good

jerry