Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Drenth sequential

Mike Biddle

Looked at one at Autosport and was impressed by the change; less effort, less "clonky" than the Quaife. Fits in a type 9 evelope with the same fitting/shaft at the fornt but does have a different prop connection at the back.

A couple of people I chatted to on the stand (not the Drenth stand) had a drenth and all comments were very positive.

I'm very tempted, anybody have any experience/comments?

Around 8,500 Euros Alex.

I guess that's around 6,000 pounds?

Sounds like a lot but it includes the display I think, plus the its already wired up for flat shift if your ECU is compatable so it doesn't compare too badly with the new Quaife price if take that into account.

I did some numbers...

The Drenth with gear indicator, and VAT (I worked on 16% for holland, the same as Spain, but it could be more) is 11,142.85 euro's.

Against the Quaife, with gear indicator, and 17.5% VAT is 9,008.79 euros.

In Sterling, that makes the Drenth £1,531.85 more than the Quaife. (But it does have the powershift system with the gear indicator.)

But they will give discount for multiple orders.

TopQ1967 *thumbup* Yes, in about 12 months time! *rolleyes* If I get this bloomin' house renovation finished. 😔

Mike I'd never heard of them before! Now look what you've gone and done 😔 😬

If all around you say it can't be done, all the more reason to do it!

Ok lets add some more costs just to assist Mickrick in his struggle against the dreaded upgradeitis.

A new prop will be required, and it has to have a sliding joint on it.

I wonder if you could shorten the old one and make a female section to fit the box?

alternatively the new box could an excellent excuse to get that carbon prop you always desired but were too shy to admit it. *evil* *evil*

Edited by - Mike Biddle on 31 Jan 2008 20:53:24

Mike, it's not upgraditis, it's building from scratch! I don't want to upgrade, I'd rather go straight to it. Bloody expensive! And of course it has to be the carbon prop 😔

Well, at least I've almost got the car specced *wink* Just need to finish my house/workshop project, and start saving *rolleyes*

Anyone want to buy a nice boat for 2,950,000 euros? then I get a nice fat car building bonus *tongue*

Is it straight cut or helical? I was interested in this before and heard only good things, but put off by the price and the fact I haven't managed to break my (relatively) cheap Type-9 yet. Interested in a bulk buy *smile*

Edited by - dannylt on 1 Feb 2008 14:02:55

John, stop it pleeeeease! Slightly O/T, but what about a carbon bellhousing too *tongue* I've seen one, but does anyone know who makes them?

Dannylt, there's a drawing of the gearbox internals, if you open the brocure on the web site. They're straight cut. Don't know if that's any use to you.

Edited by - Mickrick on 1 Feb 2008 17:46:18