Click here if you are having website access problems ×

K2 RUM NOT for Sale (Topic Title Edited for the blind & illiterate)

EFA

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arnie, do I have to take you back down to the Plough Pub at Bough Beech to remind you why you first wanted a 7 twenty four years ago??!!!

Don't sell the car!! You want know what to do with all the extra disposable income that you'll have left if you don't spend heaps every month repairing it!!

Seriously, an amazing car and yes I think it may well be quicker than my JPE. (doh!!!!) At circa £30k someone will get a bargain!!

Good luck selling it

Mike C

Non turbo JPE

None Engined JPE

Arnie

I have looked on in awe as you poured more and more money into what must be one the most famous 7's out there other than the little dinky one, some bloke on telly once drove. I can't help but think this is not ,the right place to sell your car as there must be a buyer/collector of cars who wants a piece a 7 history and is prepared to pay for it, there is a global market and you are only touching the tip of the iceburg here. Who knows people like JK or Chris Rea to name but two might consider K2 RUM and can afford it, it will then, hopefully, be looked after and be kept as part of the 7 history, even if it is stuck in a nice warm dry garage most of the time and does not get to go to Le Mans every year...

I might be wrong so good luck anyway...

ps

In the three and a half years I have been into Caterhams, you have helped me out a number of times as well as many others on this forum, you have in my opinion been a great credit to the Club and its members, and to NTL, so a big thank you from me..

MartinB

I never actually got to meet Arnie. Mainly cos I left the pub as he arrived and didn't that set something off

Still I remember emailing him whilst I was looking into buying a 7 and received a very friendly reply. Arnie must be a legend in these parts and I guess that won't go away too soon.

Anyway what I was posting to say was all the best in your business venture Arnie. Anyone who seels something which is obviously so important to them to start a business deserves every success and I am sure you will get it.

This is a great shame.

Only those who have spent hard earned time and money developing their own cars can have the faintest idea of K2RUM's true worth. The fresh engine & gearbox alone must be worth £20000.

Arnie, like many others here I have often sought & been grateful to receive your freely given advice & help. I do hope that you will be persuaded to stay on & find some way to keep the car.

Paul

PS If a full order book would help put me down for a full set of cf later this year!

L7 FUN

Well that did the trick. Now got some extra finance.

Glad to see you all love me more than CoUNT *tongue* *tongue* 😳

Long live K2 RUM.

Ex Fat Arnie

Hauling Less Lard....

Edited by - EFA on 25 Jun 2004 09:43:01

Its worth about 4 Red Balloons………. Frankly your claims are a load of bull !

I give you 3K………..No I don’t want to bye it…..what am I talking about !!!!!

Sorry I am rambling it the can’s (beer)

R300 nut

Edited by - Bafty Crastard on 25 Jun 2004 22:37:44

Arnie

Shame to see you selling , thats if you really are. Does that mean May 2005 at Curborough is a no go. Dam and i'm just learning to do over 3000 revs in the Vx slayer, it takes corners quite well also in first gear of course. Tony Whitley why would I be interested in a car circa 1993 when I own a 2001 model built by Minister not Caterham, look at there web site www.minister-power.com and look at the car named the Gnat. Or better still why don't you buy it at the Curborough May 2005 will still be on, Sorry to pinch your thead Arnie 😬 😬 😬 😬

Learning all about my car