Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Track day tire pressure gauge £60 ish budget and up to 60 PSI reading in analog form recommendations please

Keeny

Previous discussions have converged on this, which appears under several brand names.

I can't remember anyone testing for accuracy themselves. But the point has been made that it's consistency that matters, because for track work you'll be using other forms of assessment of what's right.

Jonathan

s-l1600.jpg

Posted (edited)

Many thanks for the reply’s chaps , I’ve read good reviews about the longacre but thought I would ask the people with the most experience considering the cars and their track use on here 👍🍻

Edited by Keeny

0-60 Longacre here - had it for several years. I like it because I can accurately get it to the right single unit of PSI (not easy on some gauges). I usually inflate higher using the compressor then bring it down using the release button on the Longacre. And it glows in the dark!

IMG_2377.thumb.jpeg.6ce2e3feb9242526c023e56392073e93.jpeg

Edited by Wrightpayne

I am a cheapskate, i made my own using an oil filled gauge.  0 to 35 PSI for the Caterham and i have one for my off road race buggy 0 to 10 PSI.  I couldn't see the need to go higher than 35 PSI for the Caterham and the lower the gauge scale the easier it is to read.  I run mostly 18 - 20 PSI for the Caterham.

20240402_114813.jpg

Edited by Drakman
forgot the photo.
  • Like 1

I also use the Longacre but only the 30lb model so I can read it without having to find my glasses 🤓 Which ever one you buy, get one with a swivel valve stem attachment , so much easier to use/connect. 

IMG_2586.thumb.jpeg.a58f7bee43da148966fb5337ca8bc04b.jpeg

Edited by Guy Lowe
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Drakman said:

I am a cheapskate, i made my own using an oil filled gauge.  0 to 35 PSI for the Caterham and i have one for my off road race buggy 0 to 10 PSI.  I couldn't see the need to go higher than 35 PSI for the Caterham and the lower the gauge scale the easier it is to read.  I run mostly 18 - 20 PSI for the Caterham.

20240402_114813.jpg

Nothing wrong with that. I can remember my grandad making us one. Big “old school” boiler house gauge wrapped in sponge and gaffa tape to stop it getting damaged. My dad still uses it now over 30 years later.