Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Club Tour 2024 - The Alps

RogNeedham

• Leadership Team

I'm penning this note as it pours with rain outside and my 7 awaits a new starter motor and alternator. This is always a good time to plan the next years' adventures in our cars.

We have decided to manage things a little differently for 2024. We will continue to work with Fasttracktours for 'go to' motorsport destination tours to the likes of Spa and Monaco Classics (more to follow), but we will also set up our own 'in house' Tour offering to enable us to offer something more focused for the Sevening community. Having taken some legal advice with regards to the Package Tour Regulations, we are developing a set of T&Cs for our membership, but in the meantime we need a destination.

Some of you may recall the Tours questionnaire / survey issued back in 2019 and in addition to NC500 / North Scotland being frequently mentioned, the Alps seemed to be a firm favourite. I am therefore seeking 'expressions of interest' on here before diving too much further into the detailed planning. The plan would be to avoid the six weeks summer holidays when ferry and tunnel crossings rise, with any tour lasting approx 7 days, staying in quality 3/4 star accommodation. In order to more easily manage the logistics, I plan to limit the numbers to maximum 15-20 cars.

So please post your initial interest on here and we'll get cracking.

All the best

Rog

Tours Lead

Caterham and Lotus Seven Club

tours@caterhamlotus7.club

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Leadership Team

Rog - just realised I owe you a call back on this topic.

The Alps will be a fabulous destination for a Club tour - so many different areas to pick with many interesting passes and routes to enjoy.  Perfect for Sevens!

Regrettably I won't be able to join in 2024 but I'd certainly encourage anyone who might be considering this to show their interest to Rog - it'll be a cracking trip!

James

Edited by Shortshift

• Leadership Team

Thanks all so far, there certainly seems to be a lot of interest. To ACCF (hopefully the acronym is decipherable😆), I hadn’t planned on including a return trip via the Ring but it is worth considering however based on personal experience, it is quite common for advertised “Touristfahrten” days to be cancelled last minute as track time is sold to OEMs. 
At this stage I’d rather focus on getting the Alpine element sorted with a good mix of driving and relaxation to suit all needs. If it’s possible to include the Ring, I’ll keep it on the back burner.

cheers

Rog

• Like 1

• Leadership Team
6 hours ago, K7 VCT said:

Sounds interesting...keep us posted.

Been to Europe 5 times in the 7, never tire of it......

Possibly meeting up with some local 7 members over there too ?

And of course the Tour will be open to all club members to join, whether based in the UK or the Continent. Some based over there may just want to meet up on route 👍

• Like 1

On 05/11/2023 at 17:14, RogNeedham said:

Thanks all so far, there certainly seems to be a lot of interest. To ACCF (hopefully the acronym is decipherable😆), I hadn’t planned on including a return trip via the Ring but it is worth considering however based on personal experience, it is quite common for advertised “Touristfahrten” days to be cancelled last minute as track time is sold to OEMs. 
At this stage I’d rather focus on getting the Alpine element sorted with a good mix of driving and relaxation to suit all needs. If it’s possible to include the Ring, I’ll keep it on the back burner.

cheers

Rog

Perhaps a track day at Spa on the way home

Before I add to the wish list (COUGH col d’Iseran,  cornet de roseland) is there going to be an opportunity for input into route and accommodation planning? 

Also interested in investigating car transport options as whilst France is great there is a lot of it between here and the alps. 

Edited by tangomikeromeo
  • Confused 1

On 07/11/2023 at 13:12, tangomikeromeo said:

Before I add to the wish list (COUGH col d’Iseran,  cornet de roseland) is there going to be an opportunity for input into route and accommodation planning? 

Also interested in investigating car transport options as whilst France is great there is a lot of it between here and the alps. 

Will

That's the fun part, driving across the country!