Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Took the Plunge..

Beagler

• Area Representative
37 minutes ago, Ainsley said:

I believe longer trumpets, aka velocity stacks, give more torque at higher RPM, whereas shorter ones move that lower down the rev range. 

'pretty sure its the other way round....

I had my K series mapped by Troy earlier this year. I went equipped with a selection of lengths of parallel pipe in 25mm increments and 3d printed bellmouths so that we could swap rapidly. Each increase in length improved mid range torque, and moved peak torque further down the rev range. My final ram pipes are 175mm long (any longer we started to loose peak power)

Edited by Richard Price

1 hour ago, StevehS3 said:

IMG_6331.jpeg

That's very interesting.  Strictly speaking, this 310S is no longer a 310S due to the non-standard modifications (that's not to say the car has not been significantly improved, however).   Now, whether that means the actual market value of the car has been diminished, who can say?  Personally, I'd like to think the value has increased.

JV

1 hour ago, Beagler said:

Some may say, I couldn't possibly comment.

What on earth does that mean?  You posted the word "drivel".  It wasn't 100% clear who that was directed at, so I asked you whether it was directed at me.  So, was it or wasn't it?  That's a simple enough question, surely? 

JV

7 minutes ago, Beagler said:

The well known poster will know. 🤭

Well, that's certainly not me, as I've never used the term " Drivel" on BC (other than in quoting you). 

So, I take it you have no quarrel with my comment "Strictly speaking, this 310S is no longer a 310S due to the non-standard modifications..."?

JV

• Like 1

Thanks Toddler.

The electrical guy that came to sort it said that the feed for the new ECU was linked to the immobiliser. He tried disconnecting ECU to see if it would reinstate immobiliser. It didn't.

The LED on the dash glows faintly but the immobiliser doesn't work. No bad earth,  he checked. . The car starts and runs okay without the fob. Well they will take the car and assure me it will be sorted.

Edited by Beagler

5 hours ago, Beagler said:

In the word of a well known poster,

Drivel. 

If Caterham are happy and rebadge it . I am happy. 

What is the point of insulting a polite and knowlegeable member of the club?

Consider that you haven't covered yourself in glory with some of your own posts.

• Thanks 3

12 hours ago, BenF said:

What is the point of insulting a polite and knowlegeable member of the club?

Consider that you haven't covered yourself in glory with some of your own posts.

I agree calling me a Sanctimonious Prig was unnecessary.

“Now, now, Mr Beagler, please calm down. As I recall, this topic has come up before.  I earnestly hope you're not one, but is it really your intention to portray yourself as a sanctimonious prig?”

JV

Edited by Beagler

• Leadership Team

Please can we keep this civil, the vast majority of us aren’t interested in petty squabbles.

The moderating group are desperate to try to avoid getting involved in issues like this but you’re not making it easy!

Stu.

• Like 5

• Leadership Team

"Now Now. What did SL R No. 77 say"

Is that a question?

Whatever Stuart wrote, I think it's clear to everyone who has read or posted in this thread (well, possibly everybody - but with one exception?) who he was directing his comments to.

BlatChat is mostly such a nice, friendly, non-confrontational place these days.  Long may it remain so.

James

Edited by Shortshift
  • Like 3